pecker power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pecker power

i have a jcb 8014 2004 and I'm looking to upgrade to a 8018 2008 which i had for a few days to try out but when i went to use the pecker with it it doesn't work when i press the peddle it just pushes the pin out and then nothing happens then press the other side of the peddle the pin retracts in slightly i thought it may be a valve which is set for an auger but i seem to find any. or do i need to turn the hydraulic pressure up on the machine and if so how do it do that? thanks for any replies

It sounds like it is set up for Auger . Hammers usuallly direct return oil back to the tank.So check to see if theere is a diverter tap in the return line to do this .If it has not got this , would say it has never had the pressures set for hammer
    I am sure my 8080 has a switch in the dash to change pressures between hammer and auger .Both machines i have had needed the pressures set to suit the hammer .

Comment

If its a peddle actuator .. is it not double acting ? .. If it isnt, just switch your hoses round, which should sort it. If it is double acting, there will be a valve somewhere to stop the oil going 'back to tank' as ian said, and send it back through the block
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
        It sounds like it is set up for Auger . Hammers usuallly direct return oil back to the tank.So check to see if theere is a diverter tap in the return line to do this .If it has not got this , would say it has never had the pressures set for hammer
        I am sure my 8080 has a switch in the dash to change pressures between hammer and auger .Both machines i have had needed the pressures set to suit the hammer .
        thanks for the reply my 8014 has a diverter tap on the side under the door but it doesn't look as if the 8018 has one i think i will have to lift the cab to have a look under there at the hydraulics

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          If its a peddle actuator .. is it not double acting ? .. If it isnt, just switch your hoses round, which should sort it. If it is double acting, there will be a valve somewhere to stop the oil going 'back to tank' as ian said, and send it back through the block
          thanks for the reply. ill switch them around on monday and if no luck i will have a look under the cab to see if there is anything at the hydraulics.
          but i got speaking to someone outside jcb he had a 2014 8018 and his was only set for a breaker so when he put on a grab thumb it wouldn't retract so had to get the diverter switch fitted and it was £1000 from scot jcb

Comment

Originally posted by GEDDES21 View Post
            had to get the diverter switch fitted and it was £1000 from scot jcb

cough

Shocker

someone call the fraud squad
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
            X