Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hello Everyone,

I thought I had best introduce myself first before I ask questions etc on the forum.

I do not work in the industry, but I have in my possession an International 620 Excavator that hopefully will allow me to carry out all the works required on my land. My quest is to find out as much as I can about the excavator, as I want to refurbish it along the way, but as it is an old machine - I know I am probably going to have difficulty locating wiring diagrams, workshop manual etc, but I will try

Regds

Jay

Welcome Jay the old Yumbo ? ....... is a name I havent heard in a while but seems to have a cult following
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Welcome Jay the old Yumbo ? ....... is a name I havent heard in a while but seems to have a cult following
      Hello Muz,

Thanks for the welcome. I assume the 620 is the old Yumbo

New one to me - but very keen to get it back to a better looking machine, as it deserves it I believe. Can't find any links when searching over the internet .

Jay

Comment

WHat needs doing .. does everything work ok as it is ? she is an old girl
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

greetings jay ...... nice old girl you got there ...... IIRC they're the same as the MF 450,s

ind_mf450_01_06.jpgind_mf450_01_05.jpgind_mf450_01_04.jpgind_mf450_01_03.jpgind_mf450_01_02.jpgind_mf450_01_01.jpgind_mf450_03_04.jpgind_mf450_03_03.jpgind_mf450_03_02.jpgind_mf450_03_01.jpgind_mf450_01_07.jpg

sorry if they're out of order .. it's an upload thing !!

Look forward to hearing more .... nearly bought one of these a while ago !

they also did a wheeled version .......

mf450003.jpg
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            WHat needs doing .. does everything work ok as it is ? she is an old girl
            Hi

The ram on the first leg (tell I know what I'm talking about ), has blown seal, the bucket judders when you manoeuvre it to scoop up dirt (possibly due to lower hydraulic oil in the tank), and the tracks co not seem to turn as smooth as I woukd have assumed (again possibly due to low hydraulic oil).

It rotates 360 fine, no clunks - so slew ring seems ok. Obviously play in the pivots, which is another reason I woukd like to find a workshop manual - as I'm sure there shoukd be some bushes / spacers in between the pivot points and the beams?

Going to get some hydraulic oil tomorrow
            (Anyone know which grade to purchase) and see if I can get the main ram serviced, which I assume I will have to remove myself, so again, looking at the specific support requirements to allow me to remove the ram safely.

Kind regards

Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              greetings jay ...... nice old girl you got there ...... IIRC they're the same as the MF 450,s

Look forward to hearing more .... nearly bought one of these a while ago !

Hi v8druid,

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't know much about diggers as you might have realised

The MF doesn't seem to be exact, as the engine is mounted higher on mine, plus the IH has a 4 cylinder Deutz engine, not a 6. I would post a pic, but I cannot see an uploader - so assume you need to upload to third party option, the paste url into the picture option.

My digger is however in my avatar.

Regds

Jay

Comment

Hey Muz...... give the man a piccy upload button Boyo ........ pretty please
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ukjay View Post
                  Hi v8druid,

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't know much about diggers as you might have realised

The MF doesn't seem to be exact, as the engine is mounted higher on mine, plus the IH has a 4 cylinder Deutz engine, not a 6. I would post a pic, but I cannot see an uploader - so assume you need to upload to third party option, the paste url into the picture option.

My digger is however in my avatar.

Regds

Jay

yeh must admit that spec sheet wasn't the one I though i was putting up
                  The early MFs had the engine in line like yours (and atlas,s)

got some pix somewhere of the one I was considering ..... some time ago but went for wheels instead

My Hydrema M1500
                  A 20150411_16_25_01_Pro.jpg crop.jpg

Comment

Welcome to the forum Jay .
                    Druid , His Lordship may have helpfull info .

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                      yeh must admit that spec sheet wasn't the one I though i was putting up
                      The early MFs had the engine in line like yours (and atlas,s)

got some pix somewhere of the one I was considering ..... some time ago but went for wheels instead

My Hydrema M1500
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]3141[/ATTACH]
                      Bit newer and in a lot better condition to mine, got a serious amount of work to do to get my old girl anywhere near that std, thats if I can even buy all the parts now

Got quite a bit of fabrication to do on the cab, as the old tinworm has been busy in a few arwa, so a case of cut it out and weld in some new sheeting - then some lip gloss on the old girl.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ianoz View Post

Hello ianoz,

Thanks for the welcome.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post

Is Sean on here Ian?

Comment

Hi

Thought I would add a Photo of the new to me IH 620 that I am wishing to restore:

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

CAB

[IMG][/IMG]

Engine Bay with Knackered Exhaust:

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Thread hive off here http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...nal-620-Digger in the correct cetegory

Comment

Working...
                              X