Kubota KX61.3 fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota KX61.3 fuel problem

Collected this from a hire where the customer stated it had just started to cut out, simple enough set of checks to resolve the problem or so I thought ?

Over the last few months I've recovered several 'artefacts' from the fuel tank , including bits of UPVC window frame ffs ??? however, I isolated the fault to the fuel filter bowl ... which had a clean filter in it. I assumed the electric lift pump was sucking air in somewhere around the filter body, but I couldnt see where ? so I took the whole body off for closer inspection

IMG_0515.jpgIMG_0520.jpg

I started pressurising the inlet with air into the sealed bowl to see where air was escaping, to mimic it being sucked in ? No joy so took the bowl off to inspect body head

IMG_0519.jpg only to find all this getting blown out when I pressurised it again

IMG_0518.jpgIMG_0516.jpg

Ffs all that stuffed into a tiny pipe of about 3/16ths bore

Ive seen this problem before in banjo connectors, but .. stupidly never thought of it being an issue in a body such as this ? Just goes to show, always check the simple stuff first peoples
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Old Cat dozers have written on the Fuel caps
    "buy clean fuel and keep it clean ."
    Had a Massey 50HX backhoe , would stave for fuel . Was pastic drill shavings lodging in the tap . They didn't clean the tank out when they drilled it for the fittings .

Comment

Flakes of paint from the inside of an older 45 gallon drum of diesel were the most common reason for choked banjo fittings
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

so what's the green shit Muz????? plastic bag ???
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
        X