No announcement yet.

Volvo EC15B - How to remove the side cover in the cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The heater uses both those pipes, you have an air lock and need to purge it ( if you are sure the valve is open ok)
    do you mean these two smaler pipes on the pic? But at first glance they are mounted beneath at the engine - so how will flow the water in the one and back by the other?

By the way: I saw, that the cooling fluid has green colour. Does anybody know if this is right for the motor?

Regards wowe
    Last edited by wowe; 09-12-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wowe View Post
      do you mean these two smaler pipes on the pic? But at first glance they are mounted beneath at the engine - so how will flow the water in the one and back by the other?

By the way: I saw, that the cooling fluid has green colour. Does anybody know if this is right for the motor?

Regards wowe
      When you re-attach the pipes to the coolant system, the water pump wont purge the heater matrix on its own sometimes ..try leaving the cap off the radiator for 20 minutes .. then refilling .. and the same again until it needs no more, green is volvo standard coolant
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        Sod the hoover .... I'd be giving it some with an air blaster/blow gun and 150 psi of air not a lot'd be stuck in there after that
        150psi would leave not much to blow with .

I'll wait for the spring to arrive and then attack the blower with Hoover or similar brand

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          well you'd obviously be giving it some .......with a modicum of discretion Muz ....150psi at point blank'd blow most of the contents out ..... whatever nationality they were
          Originally posted by Mattir View Post
          150psi would leave not much to blow with .

I'll wait for the spring to arrive and then attack the blower with Hoover or similar brand
          well as I said to Muz above Mattir ...... one would need to use some common sense doing it ..... but'd beat any hoover hands down

You wouldn't hoover out the radiator for the engine would you ...... just blast it out clean with the jet wash, is what most folk do ....... or carefully blow it out with the air line .... same sort of rad
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Because I think the cooling liquid was old, I bleed the Motor ans filled new one in. For the two pipes of the heating I used a pump to refill them. I let the Motor run about 15 minutes an looked, if the cooler must be refilled, but the two pipes got warm only very slow. And one pipe was about 50°C and the other only about 20°C. The air from the heating was about 16°C (the outdoor temp was 10°C). So the heating works only minimal. The question is - why? The mysterious Thing are the two heating hoses which are located beneath. If there is no narrow between the pipes, they have the same physical pressure and so there no water will flow through the pipes.

Can anynody tell how the correct working heating at the EC15B works (How many degrees at the heating airflow after so much minites)?

Regards wowe

Comment

It should be hot .. either you have not expelled all the air, or there is a restriction or kink in a hose somewhere or your valve is not working correctly
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I refilled the heating circuit again with cooling liquid and itīs not super but better. I took a pump and made tests, if the resistance with the down regulated heating lever is another as with the opened lever. It seems the same. But I think I will leave it so.

An additional question: Is it normal, that the cooling fan of the engine is turning immediately after Startup? Is there no element which turns the fan on, when the water is hot? I think on a visco clutch.

Regards wowe

Comment

As far as I have seen, the motor fan is always blowing, no matter what the temp is.

Comment

OK - I think this Problem is solved. Thank you for your help.

Regards wowe

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
                      As far as I have seen, the motor fan is always blowing, no matter what the temp is.
                      Yes its a direct drive ... anything else would be far too complicated for this machine

Originally posted by wowe View Post
                      OK - I think this Problem is solved. Thank you for your help.

Regards wowe
                      So you getting hot air good and proper now ?

Comment

So you getting hot air good and proper now ?
                        Yes - I made a second refill of this heating pipes and now itīs working acceptable. Maybe when all problems of my EC15 are solved I will make a rework. But for now itīs finished.

Regards wowe

Comment

Working...
                        X