Bit of timber clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of timber clearance

Had the grab out this week on hire to http://premiertreesurgeons.com/ doing some heavy timber clearance for the local authority .. I extracted a few tonnes of hardwood or so with the digger and drag trailer. There was another 200 tonnes left in the wood, which the local authority seemed quite happy to just stack, and leave to rot ..

mmn.jpgIMG_mm.jpg

The guys at Premier will tackle a wide variety of work .. and this was a fair sized job job ... some of these trees had meter diameter bases, so were well established specimens .. reasons for clearance was damaged or diseased timber
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Nothing quite like doing forest/timber work in an excavator.. Almost soothing Nice machinery! What brand grab? Looks well built

Comment

You going to be making a few more trips? could keep you in firewood for a few years.

Comment

I can just see Stock drooling on to his keyboard
        FIREWOOD .LOL

Comment

Nice!! and the grab Muz ..... what is it? Looks a weapon
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
            What brand grab? Looks well built
            Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            ..... what is it? Looks a weapon
            Yep its one of these

http://www.intermercato.com/en/product/tg-22-ug-9/

The fingers are high tensile, and re-inforced so they can take a small bend and spring back no problem .. not something you would really appreciate was important until you start to use it ... One day I will replace the four way pick up for a rotary head .. right now I'm saving for a tilting ditcher ... but hey .. that thing picks up tonne bits of trunk and chucks em about no bother
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Further posts from here moved to the converting grab thread here

Comment

Working...
              X