X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Diesel / White Diesel debate

Originally posted by Kev
    I see red diesels been wiped out for boats :(
    Yeah .. its use for private propulsion thats now banned .. they can still use it for heat though, and as always, the commercial guys are still ok IIRC they have to submit a claim for rebate of the extr tax though

*edit*

This is actually an interesting topic because in actual fact rebated fuel (red diesel) was always only invented for farmers, and the revenue are merely seeking to claw as much tax back from non agri use as possible

So do you think red diesel will get wiped out for road going construction plant ?
    I Pull for a living

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
      So do you think red diesel will get wiped out for road going construction plant ?
      (Ive created a new topic on this as I thinks its worthy of debate)

Yes I can see that day coming because as has been pointed out, rebated fuel was introduced solely for agriculture .. and if its already been knocked on the head for marine leasure use then its only a matter of time before that ethos proliferates to other sectors ... yes? .. no ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I'm lead to believe that in Poland it's all white and costing €1.20 a litre. I'm also told that one contractor is shelling out €29000 a day. The next question is which industry burns more rebated fuel construction or agriculture? It also need to be borne in mind that on all major civil /government jobs the tax payer will have to bear the huge hike in construction costs. I recall reading some where that a farmer cutting a hedge for himself was ok but if he did it for a neighbour who was non agri the tractor was to be on white.
        Now if a plant hire company or hire solution like speedy or HE give a 20 tonne to a job to build a slatted shed for cattle, is that farm or construction red or white? Now while there the farmer wants to clean some drains do you take out the white and replace it with red??..............
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          I recall reading some where that a farmer cutting a hedge for himself was ok but if he did it for a neighbour who was non agri the tractor was to be on white.
          Now if a plant hire company or hire solution like speedy or HE give a 20 tonne to a job to build a slatted shed for cattle, is that farm or construction red or white? Now while there the farmer wants to clean some drains do you take out the white and replace it with red??..............
          Stock, in the States, the dye used in off road diesel (red) is pretty potent, so much so that even a small amout will still cause road fuel (yellow dye here) to appear red. I assume the same holds true for the dyes used in UK or Europe. If that'd be the case, the aforementioned farmer could abide by the rules and tank up with white, but still have residual red in the tank, thus spoiling the adherance to the tax laws by no fault of his/her own. Are you suggesting that the tax man expects the farmer to sterilize the fuel tank prior to a fillup to work for the neighbor? Sounds like an awful lot of work to do a good deed, even if it is for hire.

Comment

Over here ,We pay .95 pound a litre . There is no white or red . All the same .If you comply with regulations ,which is basicly 1996 model trucks there is a rebate .. The plant also get a rebate . We claim it every 3 months and offset the tax payable .

Comment

Theres a regulation called 'construction in use' which I believe makes the distinctions between use for Ag or non Ag for things like fuels, trailers, tractors, tachos ertc etc
              Courage is rightly considered the foremost of the virtues, for upon it, all others depend.
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
              X