Low oil pressure tb014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low oil pressure tb014

Hi all, looking for some guidance, recently bought a TB014 with yanmar engine (2003 machine with 2500hrs) , used it for a bit then encountered a problem where the oil pressure light came on at idle, did pressure test and it is very low once warmed up at idle, but light goes off with a little revs. I've done all the initial recommended changes, new oil pressure sender, today did oil and filter change and even tried some oil additive, but same problem, light comes on (it always flickers, rather than a solid light). Engine does not smoke and sounds fine, not clunky at all, Looking for some help on this, as in what to try next, a dealer told me to get to oil pump you need engine out, although there is a large plate underneath that I've taken off and shows the whole sump, so thought that, assuming the pump is in there, then if this is the next step, I don't have to take the engine out (major headache and beyond my expertise). Any help/ideas/fixes/past experience would be greatly received, got loads of jobs I want to get on with and this is a big hold up, many thanks Ray

Originally posted by Longdon View Post
    Hi all, looking for some guidance, recently bought a TB014 with yanmar engine (2003 machine with 2500hrs) , used it for a bit then encountered a problem where the oil pressure light came on at idle, did pressure test and it is very low once warmed up at idle, but light goes off with a little revs. I've done all the initial recommended changes, new oil pressure sender, today did oil and filter change and even tried some oil additive, but same problem, light comes on (it always flickers, rather than a solid light). Engine does not smoke and sounds fine, not clunky at all, Looking for some help on this, as in what to try next, a dealer told me to get to oil pump you need engine out, although there is a large plate underneath that I've taken off and shows the whole sump, so thought that, assuming the pump is in there, then if this is the next step, I don't have to take the engine out (major headache and beyond my expertise). Any help/ideas/fixes/past experience would be greatly received, got loads of jobs I want to get on with and this is a big hold up, many thanks Ray
    Dont put additives in your engine it might have a problem (although I doubt it) modern engines in a machine such as yours are pretty much bomb proof (unless its been rolled over) .. can you give us a picture of your warning light please .. and welcome also
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Maybe buy a good quality oil pressure gauge and check.
      Our drott was showing very low oil pressure , rebuilt the oil pump etc, fired it up to see the exact same shit oil pressure . Fitter put his test gauge on , which showed very good oil pressure.

Comment

If the light flickers on idle, inspect the alternator and battery.

Comment

In reply

Thanks everyone, i'lltake some pics tomorrow of light and check out battery, battery been a bit weak but has been v v cold, got a Mechanic coming to look at tractor tomorrow too so might see if he has a decent pressure gauge and post some readings. Worrying me that being rolled could be a problem as back of machine has had some paint work too. Will think possatively and post replays, fingers crossed for a straight forward answers.

Comment

Answers

Thanks everyone, i'lltake some pics tomorrow of light and check out battery, battery been a bit weak but has been v v cold, got a Mechanic coming to look at tractor tomorrow too so might see if he has a decent pressure gauge and post some readings. Worrying me that being rolled could be a problem as back of machine has had some paint work too. Will think possatively and post replays, fingers crossed for a straight forward answers.
            Hi all.
            So checked battery and altenator, all fine.
            Light flickeres to start with then eventually is a solid light. Chat with mechanic last week was that it sounds absolutely fine, there is no play when putting a bar on the lower end, and tested pressure again and it is low. Any ideas what my most economical next step would be? I can't find the way to post picture, might have to do it via desk top site. Looking at pics, oil pump seems to be positioned near radiator fan, and not in sump. It's the yanmar engine in mine. Any other help gratefully received

Comment

Looking at pics, oil pump seems to be positioned near radiator fan,
              Thats probably the pilot pump for the hydraulics .. a pic would help .. you should be able to post one, have you had a look at the FAQ's in the about section ?
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Some pics now

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                Thats probably the pilot pump for the hydraulics .. a pic would help .. you should be able to post one, have you had a look at the FAQ's in the about section ?
                A few pictures from the engine manual and some from the machine. The red light does eventually become solid once fully warmed up at idol. When it it rev'd up slightly (say about a 5th of total throttle) then it goes off. The pressure pics are with half throttle then the low one is at idol. Hope these can help the diagnosis. I think I might whip the sump off in a bit and look for anything near suction pump
                Attached Files

Comment

Ok .. just checking it wasnt a hydraulics light you had as some machines have warning lights when oil temp is too low .. so you got 20 psi at half revs then and about 5 at idle ? Certainly checking the suction end would be a good start

Comment

Ok .. just checking it wasnt a hydraulics light you had as some machines have warning lights when oil temp is too low .. so you got 20 psi at half revs then and about 5 at idle ? Certainly checking the suction end would be a good start
                    Hi. Sump off today, fresh oil and a clean up, nothing untoward by the look of it. Gave the suction end a good clean and blow through, all back together again, and ..........same problem. Do you think I need to prepare my wallet for an empting ?? I'll be ordering a new batterytomorrow as the existing will only just turn engine over. Once running after a jump start it has 14.5v on it. Just not enough oomph left in it to turn over engine so don't think that's a root cause. Appreciate all input

Comment

Just a thought, can you get behind console and check that wires are connected to the right warning lights.
                      I know you have low pressure on the guage, but wondered if the warning light could be a red herring.
                      Sorry if that is not much use, also, welcome to the forum.

Comment

I couldn't read the workshop manual pages you posted (bit small) 20-30 psi, I seem to remember is good for normal revs, what should idle speed pressure be ?

Comment

I couldn't read the workshop manual pages you posted (bit small) 20-30 psi, I seem to remember is good for normal revs, what should idle speed pressure be ?
                          MPA 0.06 at idol. Apparently.

On the other post, when I took out the battery, I think it could be the original (Japanese part numner ad small connectors) and nothing looks like it's ever been touched behind the scenes.

Comment

MPA 0.06 at idol. Apparently.
                            which is about 8 psi ...... I guessed 5 .. and pressure gauges are notorious for being inaccurate at lower ranges so I think you go tatty bobos to bed and not worry about it .. but ...

As an engineer/plantman if your light is coming on and youve changed the sensor something still isnt playing ball ..... the relationship from here .. is the control system for the oil pressure and the pump its self . However 8 psi to 25 say.... is not unreasonable if I remember correctly ? Do you have any confirmation that this is normal for that engine from the manufacturers/anywhere ? IIRC the engine is a Kubota ?

Comment

Working...
                            X