Mini digger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini digger

Just got the chance of a 2002 JCB 803 plus with 3500 hours haven't seen it yet just a few photos, looks ok any idea what things should look 👀 out for , chaps needin 8k which I thought was maybe a wee bit steep or maybe I'm a grippit highlander . Any thoughts?

Originally posted by Speysider View Post
    Just got the chance of a 2002 JCB 803 plus with 3500 hours haven't seen it yet just a few photos, looks ok any idea what things should look 👀 out for , chaps needin 8k which I thought was maybe a wee bit steep or maybe I'm a grippit highlander . Any thoughts?
    Was gonna say aye seemed a little top heavy, but you have to remember it is a full 3 tonner, not a 2.5 .. so if the tracks are good and undercarriage good, no panel dents etc, she might be worth it.

Basics to look at are rod chrome damage rusted /bent etc ram leaks.......... check the usual engine problems water on inside of rocker cap, if only plain water in radiator ... be careful ! ... also check slew bearing lift, and jack it up to check condition of bottom rollers for looseness and oil loss, pull the air filter see if its been changed, look for king post play etc the list goes on .. where is it ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks muz for your advice ,near Inverness , panels are a bit faded but will get a better idea when I go for a look , problem is my plant trailer is 2.6 tonne and was really looking for a 2 tonner , but the seller is a friend of a friend so will make it an excuse to view

Comment

Originally posted by Speysider View Post
        Thanks muz for your advice ,near Inverness , panels are a bit faded but will get a better idea when I go for a look , problem is my plant trailer is 2.6 tonne and was really looking for a 2 tonner , but the seller is a friend of a friend so will make it an excuse to view
        Aye she will put you over by 250kg .. and the cops are getting a bit hot on towing these days .. for that .. and taco law for anything with a GVW over 3t IIRC ( for hire or reward)
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
        X