Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explanation of training required - HS&E, green card, blue card etc

Hi everyone,

I have recently been tasked with ensuring all of our employees have the required training/skills cards for work on construction sites. It seems that some of our staff have blue cards, some green cards and some just have HS&E qualifications.

When looking at the CITB website to find out the exact legal requirements, I find myself with more questions than answers. My main questions are as follows, and I wonder if anyone could help clarify these for me?

1. If an employee has the HS&E qualification, is this sufficient for them to work on a construction site or should they really have a green card?

2. How long do the HS&E qualifications last for?

3. Is it mandatory for all construction workers to have a skills card (which I believe are the green, blue, gold cards)?

4. What are the baseline qualifications/training etc that are required by law for construction workers?

I am keen to ensure all of our men have received the necessary training required both to keep them safe and to keep us legal as an employer. However, I get the impression from the few training providers that I have contacted that they may be trying to convince me to book training over and above what is actually necessary.

All replies will be gratefully received as I feel like I am very much fishing in the dark here.

Many thanks in advance.

Working...
X