X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainsaws and stuff

*Split from 'Nobody's railroad adventures' thread *

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    That sure was wierd! Do you recall if it was 3/8 on it, and you probably changed to .325? Personally I wouldn't run 3/8 on anything less than 70cc, but would've thought the 391 could handle it
    Dont know mate ? didnt pay that much attention ... alls I know is it now cuts like it should have done from day one now . What I will do, with some interest, now that you supplied me with some data is have a look and see what it 'was' running .. although I might have scrapped the bar , and , it might just have been a duff bar ? .. a lemon .. made on a Monday type of thing what ever it was I was convinced the guide track was too wide for the chain
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Dont know mate ? didnt pay that much attention ... alls I know is it now cuts like it should have done from day one now . What I will do, with some interest, now that you supplied me with some data is have a look and see what it 'was' running .. although I might have scrapped the bar , and , it might just have been a duff bar ? .. a lemon .. made on a Monday type of thing what ever it was I was convinced the guide track was too wide for the chain
    Very strange.. hm.. anyways, .325 chains comes in gauge 1.3, 1.5 and 1.6mm..
    so it might have been a bar with gauge width for 1.5 for example, but it was placed a 1.3 chain on it 1.5 is the most common for .325 chains here, and i would not know what 1.6 is used for..
    1.3 may be used if your running a longer bar to make it easier to run..

3/8 comes only in 1.6 gauge that i know of.
    Picco chains mostly 1.3, but goes down to 1mm

Gauge is the width of the tooth that goes into the groove on the bar.

Comment

Right .. Ive found the old bar and original chain .. I'll post up some info
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X