Truck Brand Advice for transporting Excavators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Brand Advice for transporting Excavators

Hi there, I need to transport a few excavators (separately). They are all below 9 Tonnes, although some are smaller (1 Tonne and 4 Tonnes). Which brands of truck are the best value for money / most reliable for this kind of thing?

Welcome .. where are you based ? (not in Glasgow school of art I trust )
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ha, yeah sometimes work there.

Comment

Its an odd question .. they are all reliable these days .. why are you asking and what is it you really need ? are you wanting to hire a vehicle or a company to do it ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

It's a bit of research for a colleague's business idea. Ideally hire/possibly buy a vehicle and obtain operators licence...

Comment

For small business I think a hooklift lorry would be best bet. It's probably the most versatile way to go. Put a flat bed on for transport of machines, or a dump bed for transporting mass, you can also place containers and so on.. when getting machines on you just put the flat bed on the ground so no need for ramps or climbing

Comment

Just realized you where after good brands what muz said

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                Just realized you where after good brands what muz said
                I think you were right with your idea though, and the OP makes a choice of chassis they use to do it , back when I started those types of body/frame didnt really exist and you had to buy a flat bed, but now those are a much more flexible system

Comment

Working...
                X