Making a fixed grab into a rotator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
    you been poaching again Muz ....... Fittings'll be 1/4 BSP to JIC ..... the yanks love their JIC ... top plugs'll be captive seal type

Beautifully engineered part eh
    Aye it looks very neat .. any idea what the threads are on the fixings though ? . they dont seem to be metrics which I find odd ?

heres a few pics of the grab mount area your thoughts would be welcome Graham

IMG_0943[1].jpgIMG_0944[1].jpgIMG_0949[1].jpg

Bit early to say I suppose until Ive got the rotator sorted ... at least the grab head has a circular cut out in it
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      any idea what the threads are on the fixings though ? . they dont seem to be metrics which I find odd ?
      Well Ive found a bolt that works, clearly its a UNF/UNC or some other , but why has a German manufacturer done that ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Well Ive found a bolt that works, clearly its a UNF/UNC or some other , but why has a German manufacturer done that ?
        sorry Muz....... just picked up on this ..... mine was M8 IIRC, but will check my spare, to see what that is ..... like you, got one new in the box .... bit more than yours though

Might be UNC, if it was made specifically for the Yankie market ...... or even BSW / Whitworth
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          mine was M8 IIRC,
          Yes its that sort of size, just a coarser thread

Comment

Yes its that sort of size, just a coarser thread
            5/16" Whit or UNC then ?
            let me check mine Friday Muz .... got all sorts to sample with and thread gauges to suss ..... if the Druid's eye can't discern at a glance

It don't come any courser ....... other than Acme
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Aye it looks very neat .. any idea what the threads are on the fixings though ? . they dont seem to be metrics which I find odd ?

heres a few pics of the grab mount area your thoughts would be welcome Graham

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3552[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3553[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3554[/ATTACH]

Bit early to say I suppose until Ive got the rotator sorted ... at least the grab head has a circular cut out in it
              Got a few ideas Muz ..... I'll sketch some up and get 'em up for you tomorrow

Comment

deffo tomorrow ......... promise

Comment

Working...
                X