More Scania brake trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Scania brake trouble

Continuing the ongoing theme of Scania brakes .... well maybe its me but I have a conundrum ,, I think for the most part .. their systems are well thought out, but they seem to develop continuous troubles .. might just be the 3 axle set up I have I dont know .. after all .. its three different axle types .. a steer, a drive, and a tag . Anyway todays trouble is a rumbling bearing on a tag axle .. no doubt caused by an overheat due to a problem elsewhere which is hard to find .. I think its a load sensing issue on the airbag pressures ... because the caliper has been refurbed and moves smoothly ... so its not binding .. but the tag axle seems to be getting too much brakeing load
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

We have to get the hub off the bearing and the axle shaft

IMG_0928[1].jpg

And that didnt happen easily let me tell you 10 tonnes of hydraulic jack on the axle centre stub would not even look at it

This is a job that needs a degree of engineering consideration... but a good amount of utter brutal force ... of which my old bones are getting bored of
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

So to the torchIMG_0930[1].jpg

all that tonneage of pulling force and heat, and an overnight spell of being left alone with solvents and it still wouldnt budge .. 2 minutes with the burner this morning and it fell off

Comment

Working...
      X