Some points about the forum setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some points about the forum setup

Just to let you fellas know, Ive been dicking around with the forum styles a bit.. let me know if your browsers dont work properly or if you have any display issues

Also I wanted to mention that in the past we used to use PHPBB for this here forum and if you see the odd :/ message lying about and not a proper smillie .. its a throwback to the old system which got converted to this one.. not 100% sucessfully

There has always been an alternative skin for the forum selectable on the bottom left hand corner BTW .. see what you think ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Doin fine here Muzz
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Hi Muz , I have had a couple of annoying issues , When i am in personal messages and finish what I am doing go to click out and go back to the forum ,A popup asks "do i really want to navigate away from the page as all info in the editor will be lost " I click on yes i want to go .Pop up goes away .Click on back again and get the popup . Sometimes i have to close the page and come back into the forum .

Last night i was leaving a group message . Click on to a smiley icon , closed theicon box .the cursor loaded up at the front of the sentence , and no way i could put it back after the smiley to continue with the post. Not major problems ,just annoying .

Comment

Muz just wondering about the number of sections. why not open a poll and see if people want them all some haven't had any posts in.Now the lounge is fine but a joke section would be nice,and somewhere I can shove a few safety items................
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
          Hi Muz , I have had a couple of annoying issues , When i am in personal messages and finish what I am doing go to click out and go back to the forum ,A popup asks "do i really want to navigate away from the page as all info in the editor will be lost " I click on yes i want to go .Pop up goes away .Click on back again and get the popup . Sometimes i have to close the page and come back into the forum .
          Try not using the back button then, see if there is another button you can click to take you back to the forum ?

Last night i was leaving a group message . Click on to a smiley icon , closed theicon box .the cursor loaded up at the front of the sentence , and no way i could put it back after the smiley to continue with the post. Not major problems ,just annoying .
          This is a fault with the editor and is really annoying. When VB went to version 4 it was a huge change to an already very successful product, loads of the development team left Jelsoft (the then owners) and left version 4 in a mess and full of bugs. Graduallly through all the upgrades, theyve sorted them and made big improvements, then they changed the whole editor to the one we have know, which is still not perfect, but it will be soon I expect.

One way round the problem if I understand it is to hit return to make a space after the text or smillie, then go back and delete it (the space you made) and try to reposition the cursor after that ?

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          Muz just wondering about the number of sections. why not open a poll and see if people want them all some haven't had any posts in.Now the lounge is fine but a joke section would be nice,and somewhere I can shove a few safety items................
          The last two sections would be fine, at the risk of adding too many, but the forum is young yet, and others may join with those interests, so some may get trimmed for sure, because as I say, too many makes it too cluttered
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Did you hear that ???? A big wooshing noise. Thats the sound of that going straight over my head . Mate I am shit scared of pressing strange buttons .Had entire replys that i have put blood sweat and tears into disappear into cyber space by accidently hitting the wrong key . Only just discovered recently that there is a mute key on the keyboard ,that the cat sometimes puts his paw on when he comes visiting me .You know what a bugger it is to watch youtube videos with out sound .May take a couple of weeks until he steps on the same key and i get sound back. They did not have computer classes when i went to school , and misplaced the windows for dummies book .

Comment

Did you hear that ???? A big wooshing noise. Thats the sound of that going straight over my head . Mate I am shit scared of pressing strange buttons .Had entire replys that i have put blood sweat and tears into disappear into cyber space by accidently hitting the wrong key . Only just discovered recently that there is a mute key on the keyboard ,that the cat sometimes puts his paw on when he comes visiting me .You know what a bugger it is to watch youtube videos with out sound .May take a couple of weeks until he steps on the same key and i get sound back. They did not have computer classes when i went to school , and misplaced the windows for dummies book .
              Well thats one of the beutys of this new version, it auto saves your posts every 30 seconds so you can never lose them now .. Btw I think I'm clearer on the smillie in PM problem now.. they introduced a seperate set for PM's which is causing some conflict I think .. they just used to use the set on the right, I'll have a look into it

Comment

a joke section would be nice.
                I'll sticky a Joke thread in the lounge

Comment

Great to see 10 new posts to greet me this morning .

Comment

and somewhere I can shove a few safety items................
                    Were trying to organise this type of section but havent yet decided how to do it

Comment

Thanx for all your work boyzz
                      I Pull for a living

Comment

Hey Muz , Have you been playing down in the control room ???????.I have not seen the annoying pop up about the navagating away from the current page lately .

Comment

Hey Muz , Have you been playing down in the control room ???????.I have not seen the annoying pop up about the navagating away from the current page lately .
                          Yes Ive been tinkering with a few things to make minor improvements, but that isnt a forum issue, its your browser IMHO ..

Comment

Could be , Not savvy enough with this compter stuff to know .

Comment

Working...
                            X