Slews on angle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slews on angle!

Finally got my little machine to earn its keep on a gateway dig, stone laying, drain digging and foundation making all at home. All good except if machine is tilted slightly the slew seems to move on its own and I am constantly bringing it back with the lever. No major issue just wondering what causes that and is it normal?
    Thanks for any replies

Mike

Hi Mike
    Sounds a bit like mine used to be, have a read of this thread, 2 separate issues, but look particularly #4.
    http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...hink-the-worst
    Does it slew one way or the other whilst you are just tracjing to a job, mine did, doesn't now. Can you push dirt sideways, couldn't before, can now, (but I don't Muz).

Comment

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
      Hi Mike
      Sounds a bit like mine used to be, have a read of this thread, 2 separate issues, but look particularly #4.
      http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...hink-the-worst
      Does it slew one way or the other whilst you are just tracjing to a job, mine did, doesn't now. Can you push dirt sideways, couldn't before, can now, (but I don't Muz).
      Thanks very much for the reply ,sounds very similar to your problem and hopefully fix, also I have noticed some oil on the tracks, presumably as I slew round it drips on .Will remove floor plates and have a look- are the relief valves easily identifiable?

Comment

Mike, page 131 in the manual has a diagram for you take a look at, and info about adjusting.

Oil on the tracks, is it engine or hydraulic? have you got any weepage around any of the fittings onto the hydraulic pump? do these drips on the tracks seem to be behind you, as in when you slew round you see them. If its not from the rear look under floor plates when you have them up and check there for anything weeping.

Comment

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
          Mike, page 131 in the manual has a diagram for you take a look at, and info about adjusting.

Oil on the tracks, is it engine or hydraulic? have you got any weepage around any of the fittings onto the hydraulic pump? do these drips on the tracks seem to be behind you, as in when you slew round you see them. If its not from the rear look under floor plates when you have them up and check there for anything weeping.
          thanks very much again 2414. ginger much appreciated.I am suffering from PLSD (post lambing stress disorder) and should have checked the manual!!

Comment

Working...
          X