Jcb 8015 cylinder piston bronze seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jcb 8015 cylinder piston bronze seal

Hi there dismantled the hydraulic cylinders of my 2000 jcb 8015 as they were leaking. Was going to send the seals off to get new ones. How do you remove the piston seal? It looks like bronze and doesn't seem to be split. Can't seem to insert photos.

Welcome to the forum mate . Once Muz sees your post , he will then enable photo posting .

Comment

Howdy kid welcome .. you can post pics now
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

greetings Kid ..... let's see them pix and have a shufty at your problem .... have you removed the piston from the rod ?

If they're leaking to atmosphere, the seals you need to be looking at most are the gland seals in the end cap ... can be real buggers to get out .. take note which way around they are and if more than one, where they go
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Still not very sure how to upload pics lol

Comment

IMG_1557.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Turbokid View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3694[/ATTACH]
              does the piston split/separate mate ? what's the rest of the seals look like?
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

That middle one is a flat teflon one that you need to prize off and disfigure it in the process. Getting the new one back on is a challenge .. you nead to put it in a pan of real hot water first to soften it ... put the flat rings on first to make it easier to winkle it over and try like buggery not to stretch it too much
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

IMG_1556.jpg

Yeah machined in one piece. You see the grooves either side, it's for guides to keep in central like a normal piston seal. The brass ring/seal has ting holes around the edges which i inserted a pick but it seem to be quite tight as it didn't turn or prise up.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbokid View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3695[/ATTACH]

Yeah machined in one piece. You see the grooves either side, it's for guides to keep in central like a normal piston seal. The brass ring/seal has ting holes around the edges which i inserted a pick but it seem to be quite tight as it didn't turn or prise up.
                    Probably looks brass coloured from absorbing all the fine brass dust floating about in yer oil, from various sources .... mostly in the pump

Comment

Thanks for that. Don't think there's much wrong with the piston seal. Think it was the gland seal on the nut that was leaking so thought I'd replace them all. Should I be alright to reuse this one as it seems quite tricky to replace and not very sure where to one from.

Comment

IMG_1574.jpgIMG_1573.jpgIMG_1571.jpg
                        After inspection I notice the bush in the end threaded nut is a bit worn. Well kinda pitted and flaking .35mm more than the chrome rod which is 30.00mm. Can these bushes be bought if so where from? Looks like small end bushes. Or could I machine a piece of phosphor bronze and use it, only thing is there no much lubrication between the main seal and wiper seal, maybe it doesn't matter and what clearance should a new one be .05mm bigger.

Comment

dont know where that sleeve sits in the scheme of things ? It might be a soft stop collar that is not meant to be tight inside the end cap ?

Comment

Working...
                          X