Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMG_0152.jpgIMG_0153.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the help/info but I checked the plate etc and pushed the plungers and all seems ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbokid View Post
        Thanks for the help/info but I checked the plate etc and pushed the plungers and all seems ok.
        sure looks fine ...... air somewhere perhaps, although it ought to self purge, or perhaps a kinked servo line, or even a blocked/partial blockage/inner breaking down and causing a restriction ... servo pressure is pretty low in comparison to main line ... odd fault, but could well be servo pressure related and not operating the main spool properly
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Check something else isnt stealing oil, or a service jammed on else where like a breaker /aux pedal ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            sure looks fine ...... air somewhere perhaps, although it ought to self purge, or perhaps a kinked servo line, or even a blocked/partial blockage/inner breaking down and causing a restriction ... servo pressure is pretty low in comparison to main line ... odd fault, but could well be servo pressure related and not operating the main spool properly
            Thanks for that. Checked the hoses for the servo and no kinks etc. It seems to be worse when you first start it and takes a little minute before the ram actually moves when the joystick is held in either the up or down postition. Should I disconnect the servo line from the main spool and connect a in line pressure gauge? If so what pressure should it be. Kinda stuck on this. All the other rams etc work instantly.

Comment

Thanks for that. Checked the hoses for the servo and no kinks etc. It seems to be worse when you first start it and takes a little minute before the ram actually moves when the joystick is held in either the up or down postition. Should I disconnect the servo line from the main spool and connect a in line pressure gauge? If so what pressure should it be. Kinda stuck on this. All the other rams etc work instantly.
              very odd .... how does the bucket crowd work? - as it should, .. if so your pressure to the stick is almost certainly fine, plus the slew and dipper are fine too and all fed by the same service/pump !!

if the crowd is OK I'd be looking at the stick first off ... any crap in the boom ports? or split O rings/seals?

could try an inline tee-ed gauge, but tee it into summat that's fine first, to see what sort of pressures to expect.

IIRC my servo circuit is circa 32 bar -- cant recall exactly without going back through some pix .... but that's fairly high.
              --- Just looked at me manual and my servo is 30 bar - -

then put the gauge into the boom servo circuit ... if it's low or slow getting there I'd have the stick to bits .. after making sure I had no leaks anywhere in the lines
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Well the spool block goes right hand track, boom, bucket. I connected an inline tee into the boom and bucket line. It was only when the ram was fully extended the pressure read about 20 bar on both. The bucket ram is responsive straight away on the stick but the boom you have to wait. There is what looks like relief valve above the boom block for main pressure into the ram.

Comment

Ye

- - - Updated - - -

very odd .... how does the bucket crowd work? - as it should, .. if so your pressure to the stick is almost certainly fine, plus the slew and dipper are fine too and all fed by the same service/pump !!

if the crowd is OK I'd be looking at the stick first off ... any crap in the boom ports? or split O rings/seals?

could try an inline tee-ed gauge, but tee it into summat that's fine first, to see what sort of pressures to expect.

IIRC my servo circuit is circa 32 bar -- cant recall exactly without going back through some pix .... but that's fairly high.
                  --- Just looked at me manual and my servo is 30 bar - -

then put the gauge into the boom servo circuit ... if it's low or slow getting there I'd have the stick to bits .. after making sure I had no leaks anywhere in the lines
                  Well the spool block goes right hand track, boom, bucket. I connected an inline tee into the boom and bucket line. It was only when the ram was fully extended the pressure read about 20 bar on both. The bucket ram is responsive straight away on the stick but the boom you have to wait. There is what looks like relief valve above the boom block for main pressure into the ram.

Comment

Ye

- - - Updated - - -

virtually no resistance in the bucket ram ... does boom lower respond instantly ? - is it just boom raise that has to wait for pressure build up to make it move??

put the bucket on the ground, stretched out and try to crowd it against the ground's resistance ... is it still equally as responsive, or does that lag too ?

bloody odd issue

Comment

virtually no resistance in the bucket ram ... does boom lower respond instantly ? - is it just boom raise that has to wait for pressure build up to make it move??

put the bucket on the ground, stretched out and try to crowd it against the ground's resistance ... is it still equally as responsive, or does that lag too ?

bloody odd issue
                      It's both raise and lower. I haven't used it for a few days and tried it again. It took like 15-20 seconds with the stick moved before it moved. The servo pressure was at 20 bar nearly straight away. Would the internal cylinder piston seal be passing causing the problem?

Tried the bucket on the ground and turning the bucket towards the machine. It moved straight away and took the slack up and then I gradually moved the stick further and it then started to lift the machine up.

Comment

It's both raise and lower. I haven't used it for a few days and tried it again. It took like 15-20 seconds with the stick moved before it moved. The servo pressure was at 20 bar nearly straight away. Would the internal cylinder piston seal be passing causing the problem?

Tried the bucket on the ground and turning the bucket towards the machine. It moved straight away and took the slack up and then I gradually moved the stick further and it then started to lift the machine up.
                        Anybody

Comment

bloody odd issue
                          Any ideas anybody, kinda stuck. Was thinking about connecting the dipper and boom etc over. Least that'll eliminate the ram.

Comment

I guess you don't know the history of the machine .to know if this was preexisting fault .
                            OK I have a jcb 8080 . i WAS RIPPING ROCK WHEN THERE WAS A BANG . Had a walk around ,could not see anything out of place so went to start ripping again , but had no down pressure , and very little lift . Took it home pulled the ram off to find the end of the ram broken off at the piston . If it was me i would be pulling the ram apart and checking it . If all as it should be , reassemble with a new seal kit '
                            The hydraulic shop that made the new rod said they believed the way the jcb rod had been machined they thought created a weak point .

Comment

Any ideas anybody, kinda stuck. Was thinking about connecting the dipper and boom etc over. Least that'll eliminate the ram.
                              Well I changed the hoses over on the two rams and the ram worked fine. Pulled the spool out of the spool block and wiped it, re incerted it and try it and seems to work spot on. Must have been some dirt or something inside it. Delighted.

Comment

Working...
                              X