Splitting undercarriage from mainframe 8015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting undercarriage from mainframe 8015

Hi has anybody splitted the undercarriage from the mainframe on a jcb 8015. Is it just the case of removing the ring o bolts underneath on the undercarriage and the body should lift off? Does the slew motor have to be removed also? Cheers in advance.

Never had to do it ,But i would imagine , you would need to do something with the hoses on the centre joint .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      Never had to do it ,But i would imagine , you would need to do something with the hoses on the centre joint .
      ..... other than hack 'em off when they get in the way of the lift you mean Ian ..... a lot to separating top from bottom .. carboy from crawler ..... less than on a duck though

Want to be reasonably well equipped to try that one and need a bloody good reason
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Hi, what year is it? its relatively simple on the 801.4 1995

Originally posted by Turbokid View Post
        Hi has anybody splitted the undercarriage from the mainframe on a jcb 8015. Is it just the case of removing the ring o bolts underneath on the undercarriage and the body should lift off? Does the slew motor have to be removed also? Cheers in advance.

Comment

IMG_1636.jpgIMG_1637.jpg

Wel that's it apart. Yeah was relitivy straight forward. Only had a car jack at hand but o it did the trick. Decided to Get it shot blasted.. When I split it I noticed there was a bit of oil around the centre joint so might have to replace the seals. Also the oil that was around it was emulsified. What's the best way to get rid of all the emulsified oil out off the system? The rubber on the hydraulic hose look remarkably well for no cracks perishing but the ferrules and fittings are quite rusty. What's the best thing to do, just replace the fittings or new hoses, if hoses is the special type of hose as I've seen normal hose won't last that long. Also how does the track idlier wheel come out?

Comment

I take my hat off to you splitting that, with just a trolley jack ..... indoors ...

like your timber trestles ... used to have some similar heavier ones and was amazing just what sort of weight they'd take
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Kerosene for washing out duff oil followed by a flushing of fresh oil, works for me :)

Comment

extremely well done! especially as its your first time. Idler wheel slides out, it is heavy with a large spring. you could screw the adjuster in to help push the wheel out just be careful. I had to tap out the 24mm thread to 27mm as the threads were worn, Good luck

Comment

IMG_0141.jpgIMG_0140.jpgIMG_0142.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0143.jpgIMG_0144.jpgIMG_0145.jpg

Comment

IMG_0146.jpgIMG_0147.jpgIMG_0148.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0149.jpgIMG_0150.jpg

Comment

IMG_0151.jpg

Comment

Thought I would update it it a bit. All it needs is the cab lifted on and nearly finished, thank god. When I tried it the dipper ram seams quite unresponsive on the rexworth control, nearly have to push or pull the handle right over before it starts to move. If you use the controls in any other direction it works straight away. Anybody have ideas what it could be?

Comment

Sorry I meant the boom arm

Comment

Originally posted by Turbokid View Post
                            Sorry I meant the boom arm
                            might be adjustment on the servo button plate that is above the buttons .. the bit the stick is bolted to ... or may even be out of shape/bent?

And bravo on a job beautifully executed ...... very impressive work Boyo

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post

And bravo on a job beautifully executed ...... very impressive work Boyo
                              2nd that good work
                              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                              X