Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photobucket fix

Found this on another forum I play at
    " If there are photographs on the Forum that can't be seen because of Photobucket charging for their service there is a fix that supposedly works that I came across on another forum.

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the top right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result. "

If it works pass it on....................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Originally posted by Stock View Post
    Found this on another forum I play at
    " If there are photographs on the Forum that can't be seen because of Photobucket charging for their service there is a fix that supposedly works that I came across on another forum.

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the top right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result. "

If it works pass it on....................
    can I borrow this please Stock ;)
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Please do Mr D and have it passed on the more the merrier...................and if you are putting it on the dickhead (BCEF) forum share the credit, still some good skins there but a lot of the other type too...................

Comment

Please do Mr D and have it passed on the more the merrier...................and if you are putting it on the dickhead (BCEF) forum share the credit, still some good skins there but a lot of the other type too...................
        you're not wrong there Stock ..... they been coming out the woodwork of late too ..... goes without saying, the source would receive credit Boyo .... and where I saw it .... just to rub it in a tad

Shame it's so ****ed up
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

I thought someone on there had started another forum up ? .... anyways , does this really work (I dont use photobucket) shame they got so greedy with their fees ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

What it does Muz is restore the altered links to pictures posted on forums. One lad on the other playpen had restored a couple of items and had a detailed library of pictures of his work. Photobucket intervened and they pix dissappeared so the thread meant very little, this little fix allows the pictures to be viewed again...............

Comment

What it does Muz is restore the altered links to pictures posted on forums. One lad on the other playpen had restored a couple of items and had a detailed library of pictures of his work. Photobucket intervened and they pix dissappeared so the thread meant very little, this little fix allows the pictures to be viewed again...............
              well I hope it does the trick Muz, 'cos come the end of this year, if they don't sort out a decent subscription rate to suit me, I'm gonna be in the same boat ...... everywhere ....
              my various threads'll be devoid of imagery too and pretty meaningless in the most part, without the pix to illustrate the posts

be nice for the actual subscribers to have a 'fix' for 'blanket cover' of their albums and account ......... greedy bastards that they are

Muz ..... I take it this bloke ... blbokeb .... was the spammer he looked to be in the notification,as he's disappeared?

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                I thought someone on there had started another forum up ? .... anyways , does this really work (I dont use photobucket) shame they got so greedy with their fees ?
                Ross Charlesworth ... Sandhill Plant Sales, Muz ..... has asked Julian to sell CEF to him several times , with no response. Not going live 'til April by the sound of it ... can well see it ending up as a picture posting/hosting platform, in conjunction with CEF.

really can not see that many completely abandoning it ... too much history

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                  Muz ..... I take it this bloke ... blbokeb .... was the spammer he looked to be in the notification,as he's disappeared?
                  Ya don't say? He's probably propping up an elevated section of the information superhighway somewhere as we speak
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ya don't say? He's probably propping up an elevated section of the information superhighway somewhere as we speak
                    LOL

Comment

Ross Charlesworth ... Sandhill Plant Sales, Muz ..... has asked Julian to sell CEF to him several times , with no response. Not going live 'til April by the sound of it ... can well see it ending up as a picture posting/hosting platform, in conjunction with CEF.

really can not see that many completely abandoning it ... too much history
                      Be interesting to see how they get on .. trouble is it costs too much to run if you cant do most of it yourself, depends if the members pay subs though, but why should they ? for a social club you can get for free anywhere else ?

Comment

Be interesting to see how they get on .. trouble is it costs too much to run if you cant do most of it yourself, depends if the members pay subs though, but why should they ? for a social club you can get for free anywhere else ?
                        yes indeed, it will

Lotsa folk make 'the noises' but ..........

at the end of the day it'll be a very empty place, for a long time, until it generates 'history' and with the state of play of forums, that could take a very loooooooooooooong time

TBH I am surprised that you're not seeing much more traffic than you do ?????

Comment

yes indeed, it will

Lotsa folk make 'the noises' but ..........

at the end of the day it'll be a very empty place, for a long time, until it generates 'history' and with the state of play of forums, that could take a very loooooooooooooong time

TBH I am surprised that you're not seeing much more traffic than you do ?????
                          Its the facebook problem ... People think its the dogs cos its easy to use (which it is), and post pics, but as we all know, its really shit for knowledge retention ... its all there for ..a day .. then '' its all gone

Also experienced buggers get fed up posting the same answers, good helpful people getting wasted and their brains mashed, cos they cant refer people to topics already discussed, so they stop posting ... its a brain drain on a massive scale.. lazy ers want to wise up and use forums, thats where the useful stuff is, and properly managed. Facebook is for the here today gone tomorrow quick fixers, and shite talkers who you cannot hold accountable when they talk crap. People on forums tend to be more reliable, cos they can be held to account, its a shame and all because I see a lot of good knowledge on FB, but as I said (and as you know).. you try going back a year to find a post you actually wanted to refer to because it hit the nail on the head for a problem you had at the time ?

Comment

Its the facebook problem ... People think its the dogs cos its easy to use (which it is), and post pics, but as we all know, its really shit for knowledge retention ... its all there for ..a day .. then '' its all gone

Also experienced buggers get fed up posting the same answers, good helpful people getting wasted and their brains mashed, cos they cant refer people to topics already discussed, so they stop posting ... its a brain drain on a massive scale.. lazy ers want to wise up and use forums, thats where the useful stuff is, and properly managed. Facebook is for the here today gone tomorrow quick fixers, and shite talkers who you cannot hold accountable when they talk crap. People on forums tend to be more reliable, cos they can be held to account, its a shame and all because I see a lot of good knowledge on FB, but as I said (and as you know).. you try going back a year to find a post you actually wanted to refer to because it hit the nail on the head for a problem you had at the time ?
                            jesus Muz ..... try going back 24 hrs on some pages ..... so much posted, you've not a cat in hell's chance of finding summat 6 hrs earlier sometimes .... just get pissed off with looking

Comment

jesus Muz ..... try going back 24 hrs on some pages ..... so much posted, you've not a cat in hell's chance of finding summat 6 hrs earlier sometimes .... just get pissed off with looking
                              Your only hope is to use your 'Activity log' from the small drop down arrow on the right of the blue bar, but even thats only any good if you posted or 'liked' the topic you are trying to refer back to, and even then , you may have to go back an age, as its amazing, even though you dont think you use the platform, just how many things youve 'liked' or posted about .. Me: no I never use facebook ... FB: 216 topics 'liked' last month ...

Comment

Working...
                              X