Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota kx101 electrical Fault

Hi, 1st time poster.

I have a Kubota kx101 1990 mini excavator and I seem to have an electrical fault. I put the key in, turned it, the lights lit up then died....I've put a brand new battery in and changed 10-20 amp fuses but no luck.

When the key is turned in the ignition no lights come on. Someone said their might be a larger fuse 40-50 amp somewhere thats gone but I cant seem to find it. When the key is in their is nothing on at all, no lights whatsoever so it's not getting power.

I've called auto electric firm but they'll take 3 weeks, does anybody have any advice?

Originally posted by Davidg667 View Post
    Hi, 1st time poster.

I have a Kubota kx101 1990 mini excavator and I seem to have an electrical fault. I put the key in, turned it, the lights lit up then died....I've put a brand new battery in and changed 10-20 amp fuses but no luck.

When the key is turned in the ignition no lights come on. Someone said their might be a larger fuse 40-50 amp somewhere thats gone but I cant seem to find it. When the key is in their is nothing on at all, no lights whatsoever so it's not getting power.

I've called auto electric firm but they'll take 3 weeks, does anybody have any advice?
    Hi, never even seen that machine but the service manual revealed that there really are 2 50A fuses actually in series before the ignition key. The first 50A relay feeds the starter circuit and the latter one is the main fuse for the rest.

Comment

Welcome .. If I remember correctly (while since Ive owned a 101) if the main fuses are blown you wont get any lights on the dash at all ... so there must be some power getting there. The places to start are looking for bad earths . All the dash lights are in a single module, so its most likely when you turn the key to start, the tiny dribble of power you had, gets zapped in the start circuit, engine earths and starter motor connections would be a good place to start. The main 50 amp fuses are usually held inside a black holder with a snap cover over each fuse individually, but they are usually together
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi, thanks for the response. To confirm when the key is put in the Ignition you get no lights so agreed it must be the main fuses.

Do you know where the main 50 amp fuses are located? Is it in inside the main electrical box in the cab?

Comment

Had a look at an operators manual for you, its beside the battery under the floor at the front left of the cab .. must be a removable panel there
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi Muz, I appreciate your help. The battery in my kx101 mini digger is in the engine compartment on the right hand side beside the radiator and their doesn’t seem to be a compartment in the floor either.

Would it be any where else? Does anyone think it would be something to do with the relays as I’ve found them in the main electrical box in the cab where the switches and speedomintor are. Theirs no lights when the ignition is turned so somethings not allow power from the battery to the starter...

Comment

Ah sorry its a dash one, original kx 101, ill need to re check that then .. hold on .. they or rather in its case .. it used to be taped to the dipstick pipe IIRC ?

Comment

Working...
              X