Kubota KX71-3 drive wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota KX71-3 drive wanted

Had a customers machine in to service a couple of weeks ago, It is more of a fix than a service, He had bought a machine of ebay, cash on collection type of deal, the seller delivered it once the machine was paid for ( he bought it without looking at it ) took the guys word & to be fair he showed me the photos & it did look tidy,

The one drive hub/gearbox is knackered & was filled with sawdust to make it sound smooth,

We are now looking for a s/h drive hub + motor to repair this machine, dose any one have one for sale ?

Bar stewards!!!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me how many people do these transactions on trust... call me a sceptical barsteward, but money is hard enough to make these days and far too easy to lose

Never buy machines un seen ... just never !

Your best bet is to try a company whos just started doing some excellent prices on motors and gearboxes for them .. quite surprised me how cheap they were compared to the £3-4k the dealer used to want ..

http://astrakgroup.co.uk/final-drive.../u45-3/484.php

Their page links are all fooked up so give them a call Added advantage is you get warranty too
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Never ceases to amaze me how many people do these transactions on trust... call me a sceptical barsteward, but money is hard enough to make these days and far too easy to lose

Your best bet is to try a company whos just started doing some excellent prices on motors and gearboxes for them .. quite surprised me how cheap they were compared to the £3-4k the dealer used to want ..

There page links are all fooked up so give them a call Added advantage is you get warranty too

Yep they are one on our new part list, just wondering what used parts are around of fired machines ect,

BB

Comment

Your best bet is to try a campany whos just started doing some excellent prices on motors and gearboxes for them .. quite surprised me how cheap they were compared to the £3-4k the dealer used to want ..

There page links are all fooked up so give them a call Added advantage is you get warranty too
          working fine here Muz how much did it take to "amaze" you then, you battle grizzled plant man ??

as for machines unseen .... COD only - everytime ..... if it's OK it will arrive .... if they won't COD it ... leave it alone

Genny arrived as described and the man got paid ... he wouldn't have, if it hadn't been, grief or not and he knew it!!
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            working fine here Muz how much did it take to "amaze" you then, you battle grizzled plant man ??

as for machines unseen .... COD only - everytime ..... if it's OK it will arrive .... if they won't COD it ... leave it alone

Genny arrived as described and the man got paid ... he wouldn't have, if it hadn't been, grief or not and he knew it!!

Yes , sound advice.

Customer has found a used on off a pall in Liverpool , so we will be tasked with fitting that & then its on to the next crisis, In real terms " customers crisis's " just keep coming we are probably into double number customers crisis's since the Kubota arrived

Comment

Originally posted by digger-man-dumper View Post
              Yes , sound advice.

Customer has found a used on off a pall in Liverpool , so we will be tasked with fitting that & then its on to the next crisis, In real terms " customers crisis's " just keep coming we are probably into double number customers crisis's since the Kubota arrived
              Good for business though DMD .. not averse to that.. its the old story of having knowledge .. which peeps need to accept and pay for .. sadly in the plant world theres a lot of kid onners out there suppose you could say that anywhere though
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Good for business though DMD .. not averse to that.. its the old story of having knowledge .. which peeps need to accept and pay for .. sadly in the plant world theres a lot of kid onners out there suppose you could say that anywhere though
                Things always move on
                The future for a plant fitter is with diagnostic tools or laptop software you rarely need tools to fix modern machines.

Comment

Originally posted by digger-man-dumper View Post
                  Things always move on
                  The future for a plant fitter is with diagnostic tools or laptop software you rarely need tools to fix modern machines.
                  Not sure about that .. theres plenty of old kit out there still going tits up

Comment

Working...
                  X