Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teckkie aregrowing up...................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teckkie aregrowing up...................

A 15 tonner looks like some one enlarged a mini.................................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Yep been around for a few years now and I bet its quite a tool .. silly money though
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

They have a new version for the European market at least with a fixed boom apparently saw that in Eartmover's recently.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
        They have a new version for the European market at least with a fixed boom apparently saw that in Eartmover's recently.
        not a lover of king posted machines ............ especially not at this sort of size
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          not a lover of king posted machines ............ especially not at this sort of size
          Getting a full dipper stroke at half the outreach on full off-set takes some beating for accurate work plus the extra angles you can work without a tilt bucket I think they are great ... its knuckle booms I can't see the sense in
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            Getting a full dipper stroke at half the outreach on full off-set takes some beating for accurate work plus the extra angles you can work without a tilt bucket I think they are great ... its knuckle booms I can't see the sense in
            Understand what you're saying Muz and yeh they have some serious advantages ..... it's just the king pin loading that bothers me ... they never seem to be man enough, to me ....... compared to a horizontal boom base pin
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              it's just the king pin loading that bothers me ... they never seem to be man enough, to me ....... compared to a horizontal boom base pin
              Its never been an issue over all the makes Ive owned ... when Kubota split the main boom base to two forks instead of a single 'through' pin
              https://kuk.kubota-eu.com/constructi...cts/kx080-4-a/ to accommodate the through route for all the hoses I had the same opinion, but, they scaled up the pin sizes to take the extra load, problem solved

It does make the machine handle very differently though.. how the digger responds to the bucket hitting a dead stop for example ... in other words what happens to the whole machine when the boom is mounted above the slew ring as opposed two 2 feet out side its radius .. also affects lifting performance/stability, so there are definite down sides

Comment

Working...
              X