Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC15B - Newbie help appreciated

Evening all.

I have a 2005 Volvo EC15B, seems by the threads a few people have the same (and varying issues with them!) So thought this a good place to start. Im based in Slovakia, and not so much information on websites here.

Im a fairly newbie to excavators and I have a pretty bad hydraulic leak. I've found it to be coming from the side of the main distributor (in Slovak its called hlavne rozdielovac, so im just translating that word, i dont know in English what its called hence the problem searching for a replacement) - under the footbed on left aide when sitting in, all of the hydraulics meet there.

So the questions;
    A) whats the part called :)
    B) where can I get a new/reconditioned one? (UK would be ok also)

I have a photo and video of the issue if anybody could help.

Thanks in Advance

Paul

And i worked out how to share video;

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsO6KhQmvzNfg9JFhD7eoFThMjoS3g

Comment

Hi,

most likely you have leak in the valve block. EC15B has Bosch Rexroth SX10 valve block and it can be found with google.

The machine sounds strange and the oil seem full of air.

Hope that this helps,

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
        Hi,

most likely you have leak in the valve block. EC15B has Bosch Rexroth SX10 valve block and it can be found with google.

The machine sounds strange and the oil seem full of air.

Hope that this helps,
        Thanka Mattir.
        Oil I assumed was looking like this after being forced out of a crack in the "block" (thanks for naming) - the sound is because its really low on oil and struggling to move as previously it wasnt there. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Hello,

low oil in the hydraulics will cause cavitation and that will eventually destroy the pump. Fix the leak, top up the reservoir and give it a new try.

Comment

Ive spoken to bosch here in slovakia and they tell me there should be another number with it, like another 10 or something, can anyone confirm the bosch part number?

Comment

My first guess is that its probably a seal or 'o' ring thats gone 'hard' between a couple of slices in the valve block, allowing oil to pass out under pressure quite a time consuming job to fix .. your first port of call is to put more oil in it ! then give it a good clean so you can see exactly where the oil is coming from
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                My first guess is that its probably a seal or 'o' ring thats gone 'hard' between a couple of slices in the valve block, allowing oil to pass out under pressure quite a time consuming job to fix .. your first port of call is to put more oil in it ! then give it a good clean so you can see exactly where the oil is coming from
                Thanks Muz,

I've located the area that its coming from - and sounds about right, that its coming between the slices as its on the side inbetween the outlets that are there. Is it something where you can just change out a slice with new seals or is it the whole unit replacement? excuse the newbie questions but I am learning as I am going. Have tried to find an authorised Volvo service here but no luck so far.

Comment

Originally posted by PropaPaul View Post
                  Thanks Muz,

I've located the area that its coming from - and sounds about right, that its coming between the slices as its on the side inbetween the outlets that are there. Is it something where you can just change out a slice with new seals or is it the whole unit replacement? excuse the newbie questions but I am learning as I am going. Have tried to find an authorised Volvo service here but no luck so far.
                  You could do , but if one has failed , all the others wont be far behind it, and its no small job, ..could be 50 -70 rings in there , I forget, its been a while since Ive seen one apart. You really want to be very sure that that's the issue before you go in though, due to the number of pipes and hoses that need to come off, which is why I was suggesting a good clean up first. The block its self is not complicated ... IIRC 4 tie rods hold everything together, the torque settings will be critical at re assembly, fitting new rings requires good attention and you will need to colour coordinate your hoses to be certain of the correct positions for re fitting

There was a recall carried out by volvo at one time on some of these blocks due to this problem, to my mind i can only ever remember one machine of mine being serviced by one of their fitters due to this.

BTW welcome to the forum .. New members cant post pics initially to stop spammers ... but you should be ok now ... keep us posted and gives pics of your work as you go and good luck
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi,

I have a pic. of the valve block with the seals, but it is not available now as I am out of office. There are many tiny seals and changing them all is a major undertaking.

I dont have any other numbers for the SX10, but certainly you would get the specification from the local Volvo dealer spare part sales dept.

As Muz told, don’t run the unit with low oil.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I have a UK parts shop looking into it for me at the moment. Having real trouble trying to find it here.

Will update you when I get some info. At the moment the digger is sat down by the lake having some well deserved time off!

Comment

Well it might have been 9 months, but I finally got around to getting the block out when I had a few hours to spare.

Not found any repair places over so thinking to ship to UK. Does anyone know of any refurb contacts?

Comment

Or even a place to buy new ..... not expecting it to be cheap though....

Comment

Wanted to just update this thread. I managed to find a Rexroth dealer in Slovakia. I took out the sx10 and took it to them, 300€ and 6 weeks later i have it fixed, was some seals between the blocks..... now i have other problems which are probably newbie problems, so will start another thread!

Comment

Originally posted by PropaPaul View Post
                              6 weeks later i have it fixed, was some seals between the blocks..... now i have other problems which are probably newbie problems, so will start another thread!
                              Just as we thought then .... good you got it sorted though

Comment

Working...
                              X