Gutless 801

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutless 801

Hi all bought a early 801 for some self build stuff worked fine for a few weeks but now struggles after 20mns or so of work, just stumbles and stalls when any load put on fires straight back up but struggles to run.Assuming fuel so changed filter and sediment bowl but still the same any other filters on it havnt got a manual? Was also thinking lift pump but would it start if that was knackered any help appreciated cheers

You may find there is an inline filter somewhere, mine has. I had a similar experience when I first had mine, changed filter, and a new inline one, also I drained tank and flushed out, then filled up with clean and never looked back.
    Hope you can have as easy a sort out.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Comment

Agree with ginger .. could be fuel restriction of some kind which is either another filter or a blockage at the tank outlet, which is common, most modern diesels on small diggers should have the diesel pissing liberally out of the pipe going onto the injection pump, of you dont have that when you pull it off .. start the hunt back the way to the tank
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Agree with ginger .. could be fuel restriction of some kind which is either another filter or a blockage at the tank outlet, which is common, most modern diesels on small diggers should have the diesel pissing liberally out of the pipe going onto the injection pump, of you dont have that when you pull it off .. start the hunt back the way to the tank
        Dont know about the fuel you guys get there but down here there has been a ever increasing issue with bacteria growth in fuel tanks since the introduction of low sulphur diesel . Its a nightmare of clogged filters and blocked fuel suction lines ect ,worse in machines that dont get a lot of use .
        May not be that ,just saying .

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
          Dont know about the fuel you guys get there but down here there has been a ever increasing issue with bacteria growth in fuel tanks since the introduction of low sulphur diesel . Its a nightmare of clogged filters and blocked fuel suction lines ect ,worse in machines that dont get a lot of use .
          May not be that ,just saying .
          AFAIK it tends to be a problem with large fuel volume/slow fuel use applications such as the fuel tank in a boat .. havent come across it in plant as yet ? although every day is a school day .. possibly because our climate is cooler also we dont see it so much ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            AFAIK it tends to be a problem with large fuel volume/slow fuel use applications such as the fuel tank in a boat .. havent come across it in plant as yet ? although every day is a school day .. possibly because our climate is cooler also we dont see it so much ?
            I hadnt seen it until recently either ,but I currently have issues with two tractors that only get sporadic seasonal use .
            Cut a fuel filter open and have a gander ,if its full of black gunk then that could be the diesel bacteria .

Comment

Cheers guys will take a look this weekend used for 20 mins last night was fine then started playing up again bit strange really!! Anyone have a manual for one I could download??

Comment

Don't forget Filters in Banjo fittings .

Comment

Was the lift pump in the end 27quid and fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnygas View Post
                    Was the lift pump in the end 27quid and fixed!
                    Good news and thanks for reporting back ....this will help our members

Comment

Working...
                    X