Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCB excavator hydraulics help

Hi All,

I have a JCB 8052 which I had owned and used occasionally for 5 years. Earlier this year I realised that I needed to carry out some work to the arm and ended up refurbishing rams, fitting new bushes and putting new hydraulic oil & filters. Everything went well and after that used the machine for around 10hrs to muck shift. A few weeks later having had notice that a flood was probable where the machine was situated started it up and proceeded to take it to higher ground. I noticed when operating the tracks that the engine would labour and almost stall. I left the machine on the top of a flood bund and later returned to it to track down the other side of the bund but in doing so it stalled and would not restart. I later had another machine pull it back to the top of the bund when this was managed I jumped in and turned the key to the 1st ignition stop to lower the arm but it would not release the hydraulic pressure in the rams. The following week decided where it sat to refurb the engine, normal stuff valve grinding, new head gasket changed water pump, new oils & fluids etc. On completion trying to start the machine found that it would not turn over with fully charged battery and needed a booster. I Again found that operating the services would strain the engine and stall it and when stalled the normal operation of turning ignition ket to first stop and operating all services does not release the hydraulic pressure. additionally when trying to restart needs booster to turn the engine over. I am fairly handy engine wise but limited with the goings on of hydraulics. I feel that the fact the fact that with the pressure release services operation not working there is still pressure at the pump which is making the engine difficult to turn over at start.
    Any input on this would be greatly appreciated as its starting to do my head in...

dead man switch U/S? ..... presumably this is a servo machine ..... without servo pressure it's not going to operate the main valves in the chest to relieve / allow oil flow from rams
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Has it got hammer piping , for rock breaker etc .It may be possible the switch / valve to operate it is stuck open .. My 8080 had a button on the floor that stuck open ,and did the same thing .

Comment

Working...
      X