Morning all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all!

Hi all, I am new to the forum so thought I would say hello and just a couple of lines about myself.
    I am a reasonably experienced plant operator bases in Mid Wales and currently run a Kubota KX41-3v, a Kx71-3 a thwaites 3 tonne Alldrive dumper and a 300tdi hi-cap land rover to move it all around with.
    I am a fairly good mechanic (have to be to run the landy!) and I am big into plant and machinery so look forward to getting involved with this forum!

Originally posted by Dangermouse74 View Post
    Hi all, I am new to the forum so thought I would say hello and just a couple of lines about myself.
    I am a reasonably experienced plant operator based in Mid Wales and currently run a Kubota KX41-3v, a Kx71-3 a thwaites 3 tonne Alldrive dumper and a 300tdi hi-cap land rover to move it all around with.
    I am a fairly good mechanic (have to be to run the landy!) and I am big into plant and machinery so look forward to getting involved with this forum!
    Greetings Boyo .... we won't hold that against you .... some one gotta live there .... you and Stock'll get on well ... he's Landy mad too .... or is that mad to have a Landy ..... says he who runs a P38 and Disco .... (cured of owning landys, per se .. had too many )

so..... you've had some abuse and a little humour ... if you can handle that yer's gonna fit in just dandy .... enjoy!!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

welcome
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ha ha cheers guys.
        Yep don't mind a laugh and a bit of pi## taking, makes the world go round
        Landrovers..........had mine 18 years now. Terrible thing to drive, uncomfortable and noisy and can cause lateral curvature of the spine if your shoulders are over 13 inches across - I will always take the car given the chance.
        Having said that I have grown quite attached over the years though.......bits are cheap and can fit em myself
        I do spend a lot more of my weekends lying underneath it - gently cursing to the gods - than I would like though

Comment

Ha ha cheers guys.
          Yep don't mind a laugh and a bit of pi## taking, makes the world go round
          Landrovers..........had mine 18 years now. Terrible thing to drive, uncomfortable and noisy and can cause lateral curvature of the spine if your shoulders are over 13 inches across - I will always take the car given the chance.
          Having said that I have grown quite attached over the years though.......bits are cheap and can fit em myself
          I do spend a lot more of my weekends lying underneath it - gently cursing to the gods - than I would like though
          you got Landyitis real bad Mousey ...... I kicked the habit .. sort of .. last one was a 110 with a IIRC Mazda 3.2(??)TDi in it ... went bloody well too .... but it went .... too much time on that ramp
          PA170055.jpg PA170057.jpg
          and sold my two historic Rangeys ... just weren't getting 'played with' ..... restrict myself to my P38, 4.6HSE and 3.5 V8 EFi disco these days ... they'm as much grief as I need
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Will we start a langer rodent support club?.......................Have a 110 which junior is mad to rebuild, and have a 300 tdi Disco as my daily driver at least until June when the MOT runs out.............
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              Will we start a langer rodent support club?.......................Have a 110 which junior is mad to rebuild, and have a 300 tdi Disco as my daily driver at least until June when the MOT runs out.............
              TBH Stock I have always regretted selling that 110 .... cost me next to bugger all and went sooooooo well, with excellent economy ...... like 32/34 mpg .... but too truck like for every day running about

Comment

Yep the 110 is usefull - mines the hi-cap so has a decent amount of room out back. Got the 300 tdi too so pulls ok.

Very high geared (compared to a 90) so economy not too bad when not towing.

I can put my buckets and fuel in the back when moving the 3 tonner to keep a bit of weight off the trailer - which also helps with traction on the landy for some of the places I have to get to.

Paid £3k for mine back in 2000 and I am told it wont have devalued any now which is good - not to mention unusual for one of my vehicle purchases!

Comment

Yep the 110 is usefull - mines the hi-cap so has a decent amount of room out back. Got the 300 tdi too so pulls ok.

Very high geared (compared to a 90) so economy not too bad when not towing.

I can put my buckets and fuel in the back when moving the 3 tonner to keep a bit of weight off the trailer - which also helps with traction on the landy for some of the places I have to get to.

Paid £3k for mine back in 2000 and I am told it wont have devalued any now which is good - not to mention unusual for one of my vehicle purchases!
                  aye they'll be holding their value virtually for ever now ..... which makes me even more pee-ed off that I sold that B plate .... cost me 500 quid in 2005 .... and took 1800 quid for it after an MOT and creating an exhaust system for it ..... which was what it was worth back then .... oh for a bucketful of hind-sight, eh!!

........and i really regret selling my J plated RR classic, although I had good money for it, was chassis no. 000964 ... I was the second owner and the first guy was a retired aircraft engineer
                  .....the history log with it was two lever arch files and box fulls of other paperwork, including .....the original purchase paperwork, every MOT and EVERY petrol receipt that he'd ever put through it ... a lot of 'em they'm fussy like that .. aircraft engineers

DCP_0888.jpg DCP_0889.jpg
                  put a more comfortable interior in it .... the placcy seats were horrible - but mint

my other 'penchant', vehicle-wise was SD1 Rovers and had dozens of 'em, including a few trick EFi Vitesses .... stopped 'playing' with them when all these bloody speed cameras started appearing ..... .... too easy to lose yer license.

As my old man used to say ...(a 30 yr traffic cop) ... "you get nicked by a 'jam sandwhich', you deserve it ... ****ing cameras just ain't cricket"

a bear in uniform ... 6'4" and 17.5st .... a proper copper
                  BJH002.jpg

guess who taught me to drive .... very, very quickly ...... A to B as fast as possible-safely ... plod call it 'The Method'

Comment

Working...
                  X