Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Thwaites Alldrive? Id help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Thwaites Alldrive? Id help please.

Hi all.
    Could do with a bit of help identifying my thwaites dumper. I think it's an early Alldrive? 4000? Can anyone give me an approx age and size? No numbers or plates left on her sadly so finding it tricky.
    It has a ph2, crank start originally , no shuttle, three forward one reverse. Machine is 6 foot three wide.
    Any help appreciated .
    Attached Files

I'm no dumper expert .. but I'm gonna post this so I can get a 'one year out T shirt ' they changed the king post late eighties . but old lister Diesel says much earlier so Im going for 1982 ...
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

an' I'm gonna stick my neck out and say .................................. it's deffo a Thwaites

pretty straight machine that ......................... apart from the back panel
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

82!!! sh@te, older than I thought! Cheers Muz - might be going up in value!
        Yea thanks Druid, that's moved things on a treat
        Previous owner used to bump start it by shoving the back with his digger!! F###ing genious will remove it and straighten it out one day.

So do you reckon a 4000? she manages 3t for fun but I may just be overloading

Comment

Looks identical to mine even down to the dented rear panel!

mine also has the PH2 engine but with electric start. My skip is a swivel (manual) which is handy at times. I've always believed mine to be a two ton load capacity

Comment

Ah, yes a swivel skip would be very handy! Sounds like it probably is 2t then Andrew - I must be overloading it!

I fitted a dynastart unit to mine as I got fed up with cranking it - and not the best to leave running on site as it is noisy, stinks and smokes heavily - a bit like my mate I am working with at the moment

Do you have any idea of the unladen weight of your machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Dangermouse74 View Post
              82!!! sh@te, older than I thought! Cheers Muz - might be going up in value!
              Yea thanks Druid, that's moved things on a treat
              Previous owner used to bump start it by shoving the back with his digger!! F###ing genious will remove it and straighten it out one day.

So do you reckon a 4000? she manages 3t for fun but I may just be overloading
              LOL Mousey .. big skip and big wheels for a two tonner IMHDO .... three, maybe even four tonner .... looks far too big for a measely two tonner ... would be on 7.50/16s as a two tonne
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

aside from my 6t alldrive, I've also got the predecessor to the alldrive .. Thwaites 2.5t Alligator .... had it years ... (this one isn't mine - much tidier than mine)good lil' dumper though, but gives you an idea of scale/size in comparison

59442_25PK6F1A4QM841452586402.jpg 59442_3I09G2PGGCISC1452586402.jpg
                someone's obviously given this one a new heart

Mine's not got the skip on it ATM .... something a little less conventional

HUMPER DUMPER (1).jpg humper dumper (5)--.jpg humper dumper- (6).jpg

had to make it a bigger hyd tank ... for the other att. that also fits it ... FLT mast
                The Tico crane has it's own tank and is a full 360 rotator on a kingpost rotary coupling with winch.
                .... is in need of finishing off, with some plumbing .... when I get the time and inclination .... still have the skip for it and they all pin onto the skip mounts

Comment

Ah yes I see what you mean. Looks a much smaller machine than mine, perhaps she is a three tonner then.Allways thought she had big feet - bit like me

Wow that is some rig! Reckon she might need a leg out the front too or she might flip forward

It will be a bloody useful machine when you have it finished mind! What is it rated to lift? Thinking timber grab

BTW....I have serious workshop envy

Comment

Ah yes I see what you mean. Looks a much smaller machine than mine, perhaps she is a three tonner then.Allways thought she had big feet - bit like me

Wow that is some rig! Reckon she might need a leg out the front too or she might flip forward

It will be a bloody useful machine when you have it finished mind! What is it rated to lift? Thinking timber grab

BTW....I have serious workshop envy
                    .... not with a 1200kg concrete test weight block hung on it's arse it won't .... the Tico is rated at 3t ... took me a while to find it ..... one of very few loader cranes that have full 360 continuous rotation

Sadly my workshop is all gone Mousey ... had to retire in 2010 due to health problems .. as in "give up or we may have to box you up" .. I gave up !!
                    some of the last things to come from there .... my boxes which i brought home stuffed with goodies

2014-05-03 08.17.19.jpg

emptied out, ready for the new owners ..... just about .... 10,000 sq ft ... took some keeping busy . ... and tidy to say now't of emptying ... 3+/odd decades of 'collecting'

2014-05-15 10.48.39.jpg
                    in the process of getting there ... Alligator awaiting removal
                    2014-04-23 17.33.03.jpg

better, busier times ... bit fuller

DCP_2104.jpg

finished article .... built 27 of 'em over the years from 23ft to 60ft long --- 6' 10" to 12' beam ... and repaired / rebottomed dozens of 'em .... aside from all sorts of other things, for 30 odd years

DCP_0004.jpg DCP_0007.jpg

I now currently 'work' on a couple of benches under the big blue yonder, weather permitting ..... lots of exploits here ...

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...various-nature!!

and here

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...uids-Duck-Hunt

more

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...-DruidFab-VA-r

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...b-Attachments-!!

maybe a few others too

Comment

Wow... didnt know you were into shipping in any way V8 respect Old Sea dog myself Coastal cruising in RIBS for many years so..... a bit more violent
                      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                        Wow... didnt know you were into shipping in any way V8 respect Old Sea dog myself Coastal cruising in RIBS for many years so..... a bit more violent
                        you might like a look in here then Muz .... http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread....ight=grow+boat

"Grow your own boat! 'Tales' from The Druid's workshop"

you'll need to log in to see the pix though .... all uploads

always fancied building one of these ..... got the drawings somewhere

E12-P41.jpg E12-P45.jpg E12-P43.jpg

Some of mine on the water ....

JULY 19 0N CATS,BOATS,CARPARK 016.jpg JULY 19 0N CATS,BOATS,CARPARK 028.jpg JULY 19 0N CATS,BOATS,CARPARK 033.jpg JULY 19 0N CATS,BOATS,CARPARK 035.jpg JULY 19 0N CATS,BOATS,CARPARK 037.jpg

this one we cut the bow off and added 12ft into it .... including a full width lift deck for disabled access ... was 50ft .... guy operating it couldn't get coach op.s to bring him biz, 'cos they couldn't utilise their 54 seats ... so he bit the bullet .. we stretched it and he got 60 seats and a wheelchair lift .... never looked back

JULY 19 0N CATS,BOATS,CARPARK 023.jpg JULY 19 0N CATS,BOATS,CARPARK 025.jpg

sorry to hijack yer thread Mousey

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                          .... not with a 1200kg concrete test weight block hung on it's arse it won't .... the Tico is rated at 3t ... took me a while to find it ..... one of very few loader cranes that have full 360 continuous rotation

Sadly my workshop is all gone Mousey ... had to retire in 2010 due to health problems .. as in "give up or we may have to box you up" .. I gave up !!
                          some of the last things to come from there .... my boxes which i brought home stuffed with goodies

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4226[/ATTACH]

emptied out, ready for the new owners ..... just about .... 10,000 sq ft ... took some keeping busy . ... and tidy to say now't of emptying ... 3+/odd decades of 'collecting'

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4227[/ATTACH]
                          in the process of getting there ... Alligator awaiting removal
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]4229[/ATTACH]

better, busier times ... bit fuller

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4228[/ATTACH]

finished article .... built 27 of 'em over the years from 23ft to 60ft long --- 6' 10" to 12' beam ... and repaired / rebottomed dozens of 'em .... aside from all sorts of other things, for 30 odd years

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4230[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4231[/ATTACH]

I now currently 'work' on a couple of benches under the big blue yonder, weather permitting ..... lots of exploits here ...

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...various-nature!!

and here

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...uids-Duck-Hunt

more

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...-DruidFab-VA-r

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...b-Attachments-!!

maybe a few others too
                          Good morning Druid, A beautiful morning here in God's own country!

Firstly, apologies for my delayed reply - I have spent a couple of evenings looking through your various posts!!

I am sorry to hear of your ill health and you having to give up the workshop

As for 'retired' I think that would have to be said in the loosest sense of the word!

Some very impressive projects coupled with a very high standard of workmanship - particularly impressed with your skills with the gas axe - I guess there would have been some serious cutting involved with the boat building.

It has provided me with several hours of interesting reading, many thanks - some seriously clever stuff

Comment

Good morning Druid, A beautiful morning here in God's own country!

Firstly, apologies for my delayed reply - I have spent a couple of evenings looking through your various posts!!

I am sorry to hear of your ill health and you having to give up the workshop

As for 'retired' I think that would have to be said in the loosest sense of the word!

Some very impressive projects coupled with a very high standard of workmanship - particularly impressed with your skills with the gas axe - I guess there would have been some serious cutting involved with the boat building.

It has provided me with several hours of interesting reading, many thanks - some seriously clever stuff
                            Aye, 'tis a tad warmer here this morning ..... just .. the sun is back

Wasn't really ready to pack up, although working towards it .... still had a few of me own 'projects' to finish/knock out ... like a shed for here ... now i'm gonna have to pay someone else to make me one .... could do it but'd take so long, without all me gear

Have to keep occupied though and try and ignore the various 'heath issues' ... never been ill in me life, bullet proof, so came as a bit of a shock, to find I'd inherited summat life threatening and was gonna have to keep on top of it, for the rest of me days ... I've n'owt but praise for everyone who saved my life in 2010 and who now keep me 'ticking over'

...... as for the gas axe .... get good or go home after 40+ years of practice I ought to be 'capable'

Glad you enjoyed it ... sound like me .. sod the box - there's always something more interesting to read on the 'net

There're several more threads if you go looking
                            http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...searchid=41489

Comment

Working...
                            X