Construction Industry Training Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construction Industry Training Board

More of a UK issue but Anyone here pay CITB levy ? And what's your view of this body?Jobs for the boys ? Is the levy worth it ? Do you get any grants back ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

I don't think we have anything similar here in OZ ,, So i will watch from the sidelines on this one .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      I don't think we have anything similar here in OZ ,, So i will watch from the sidelines on this one .
      I'm with him........well not in Oz yet...........but things are getting worse so one never knows..............
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

The CITB is essentially a QUANGO thats .. Quasi Autonomic Non Governmental Organisation that is set up to promote and train within the construction industry, it gets a chunk of its funding from the government and raises the rest from a legally enforceable levy that it raises from members of the industry, you dont have to join a 'club' they just come and find you and then start charging you, so you can see its not appreciated by every one, especially if they are getting nothing in return ?

In principal its aims are good, but it grew into an organisation which essentially meant that if you didnt posess a CITB 'ticket' .. you werent qualified to work on a site. There is no legal requirement to posess a 'ticket' but sites take it as some measure of training in that if you posess one, you are 'fit' in their eyes to carry out work an a site.

Some of the major contractors formed there own opinions, and certain 'tickets' seem to carry more validity than others, the whole thing is a shambles IMHO but I'm interested to hear others' views
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

CITB are in my mind a un neccsary pain.....

Got a phone call last week and left a message.... "Can you call me on this number, because you've done a NVQ2 in plant you might not be allowed to do a NVQ3 In tunneling..."
          http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Why?
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

I am trying to decide wether to put some of my guys through CSCS or Citb as it used to be known .
              my tickets are CITB as I started with grandfathers rites but I have become very skeptical about them .
              I know it is not a legal requirement so I assume another more flexible governing body would suffice for training .

Vin

Comment

Working...
              X