X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticking Control

Hi Guys,

New member alert ! :)

I hope you can point me in the right direction with this problem, I have a 2012 JCB 8085 ZTS excavator, with about 4000hrs I am having a intermittent problem that is getting more and more regular, the main boom control keeps sticking in the down position.

As I lower the boom and stop at any point the boom keeps lowering at a slow speed, to stop the boom I have to pull fully back on the lever then the boom just starts to stop/lift, it might be ok then for a couple of operations then the same thing happens, after mayby 1/2 hour to a hour use it might be fine, but sometimes when I turn the machine on its works fine for a few days then it happens again, its not engine/oil temperature related it just seems completely random.?

Any help much appreciated.

Hello & Welcome most likely be a stuck pilot valve in the handset, have a search on here for that... theres one or two threads about it http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...ck+pilot+valve
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks a lot

Thanks for the pointer, I have read the other posts about sticking pilot vales and this is exactly the symptom I have with the control lever being slightly sloppier than the other, I will strip it down as per your previous post instructions tomorrow. thanks again I am so glad it was not the valve block I could see that was going to be a nightmare to fix !

Now happy Frank from Crete mind you I still have to fix the problem, I will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Sorted

Thanks again problem took about 1.5hrs and now works perfectly, on to the next problem now.... new thread I think !

Comment

Good stuff
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

greetings Frank ..... good to see result .... you came to the right place
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
            X