Kubota KX 080-3 no cab lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota KX 080-3 no cab lights

So ... Boom lamp still ok, but cab lights just stopped working, fuses looked ok so I decided to investigate !

IMG_0105[1].jpg

When you strip these lamps, if they are original Kubota ones .. take care since the glass lense is not fixed to the lamp back and will fall and smash if you dont catch hold of it. I'm playing chicken with this one

IMG_0114[1].jpg

Anyways .. no power up here at any switching state .. and also no power to cab internal lamp ?

Actuating switch works as it should, getting power and switching ok.

IMG_0120[1].jpg

Middle rocker in this set, the switches here are bad for getting grit in around the rocker, so to achieve full travel, a blow out with an air line is required. The switch wire is coloured blue .. turns out it trips a relay up by the operators right shoulder accessible behind the radio hatch. I only found this because I heard it whilst testing the rocker switch above . Apart from the switch wire and ground there are two other wires, heavier like 15Amp in size yellow and red. One is the feed and one is the supply to the cab lamps, as I was able to get continuity between the yellow and lamps positive side. However both were dead at all switch states ..... backwards we keep going.

IMG_0116[1].jpg

At this point I called the dealer to see if he could identify a source for the feed before I started hauling looms apart, and all they could suggest was it went back to a multi plug ... so at this point I'd already hauled the dash out, now it was time for the seat !

IMG_0115[1].jpg

With a bit of digging I found the multiblock, which is actually a cab dis connect, and is not taped up, and therein lay the problem ... it was hanging under a cab heater control valve which had been losing a small amount of coolant under this small shield

IMG_0119[1].jpg

You can just see the black heater temp control wire going into it on the left

So .. the coolant is quite corrosive to copper and rotted the two bottom wires in the mutiblock which were for the cab lights, and internal cab lamp, a quick re join and everything back in business

IMG_0117[1].jpgIMG_0118[1].jpgIMG_0121[1].jpg

I would prefer solder, but it is a removeable connector after all, so will just make sure its positioned clear of any leaks ..always wondered where a small coolant loss was going anyway ? These valves are a common place for a coolant leak on any digger, but hard to see sometimes as they are usually well up inside the cab and swathed in various old jackets and gloves lost there by various operators
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

bet that took some finding !! ..... why can't I see the text on screen Muz??
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
    X