Christmas Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Message

Well its been an interesting year what with brexit around the corner, and what it might mean for us all in the UK and Ireland . Wee Jimmy Crankie has forgotton in her head that Scotland is still part of the UK, so that complicates matters further .. anyway rather than getting embroiled in politics, I am far more interested to see what it will mean for the construction industry. For the most part, house building is going strong everywhere I look, but the statisticians and money men , and the news men keep talking the situation down. The way I see it, due to the activity all around, constantly building on green belt areas, for example, something is obviously working right, (except using green belt) be it the banks for lending, or consumer confidence to take on a mortgage, which means a degree of job security must be good. Anything getting built here is sold within weeks, and property prices continue to rise, whether there is a correction around the corner we will just have to wait and see. Some leadership in Whitehall with some gumption is what we need right now and dont have. The EU is shitting its self that the whole Euro project is going to fail when we leave, so they aren't making it easy for us, and that helps absolutely no one.

I think we should keep an open mind and see the positive things for what they are, personally I think people forget how influential the UK used to be on the world stage before the EEC was invented. There's no doubt a certain Mr Putin has also become rather worried about the ever increasing expansiveness of the EU who knows where that will go ?. Now we are worried about the skills shortage due to the lack of a labour market, so our industry may feel a bit of a chill of its own when we run out of labourers or fitters. What will it mean ? well.. the skills shortage is keeping my phone ringing .. anyone who can do a job well and be reliable will always be in demand. What worries me is other areas that may feel the lack of labour such as the NHS, we can only hope the people we trust to run the country can make it so, that, there is always encouragement for positions in these areas to be filled without any difficulty.

In the mean time I would just like to say compliments of the season to you all and thank you for being part of the forum and its community, I hope you all have good health, and properity for 2019 however it shapes up.

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Very well put!

Our 2018 started with the delivery of the JCB 19-c we won in the Mighty Mini Competition. It has been an excellent machine. We have had one of our best years nd have taken on more staff so There is myself and my right hand man Scott and he has a labourer working with him now. We also took on an admin assistant too. We are looking at the creation of a showroom type thing to showcase our work and show samples of the paving etc we can do since we are now Marshall’s accredited installers. 2018 also shows us with big reinvestment into the company. We are putting away our JCB 8018 and replacing it with a brand new JCB 1 ton dumper. We are also (with a heavy heart) putting away our John Deere 6520 and looking to replace it with a 2010 New Holland T6080. So its been eventful.

Here is to 2019!

Comment

Thanks Jim .. looks like an interesting time for you fella ... well done .. wheres that Oz boy ? .. he's already opened his presents
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Merry Christmas and a happy new year ,forumers , we are always first ,excluding New Zealand and perhaps one or two little Island further east .
        The first Continent anyway

Comment

Merry Christmas to all forum members . and a big thank you to Muz for giving us the forum .

Comment

belated seasonal felicitations gentlemen ... hope you've had a good one
            just off to look out some ear plugs ..... the 1 yr old insomniac arrived this afternoon ..... for four long nights
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
              Merry Christmas to all forum members . and a big thank you to Muz for giving us the forum .
              mc dude and a happy ny

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                belated seasonal felicitations gentlemen ... hope you've had a good one
                just off to look out some ear plugs ..... the 1 yr old insomniac arrived this afternoon ..... for four long nights
                Just as well forum is live 24/7 regards to you Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Just as well forum is live 24/7 regards to you Graham
                  'sa fact Muz ........ season's best to you and yours too Muz ....
                  a week into the days drawing out already
                  If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
                  X