Lifton 750 Load Star Drive issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifton 750 Load Star Drive issue

Hi to anyone who can help, I purchased a lifton 750 which works great but the problem is it has been converted to run on a handle accelerator rather than the accelerator pedal.

So when you start the dumper and engage forward it will only accelerate using the handle that has been fitted and not the accelerator pedal which has been totally disconnected. I assume this has been done to overcome a fault in the hydraulic gearbox rather than have it repaired correctly. When drive is disengaged ( put into neutral )the wheels lock straight away like the brakes have been applied

If anyone has had the same problem and could point me in the right direction then any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    Lee

They never had a neutral as such .. just a lesser amount of 'drive' until no drive was called for .I take it , it moves forwards and back ok ? Jack up both axles together and put it in drive and see what happens ? .. has it been converted to two wheel drive by chance ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Lee lifton

All wheels are driving and plenty of power but would like to repair it so all works with accelerator pedal. It drives in reverse and forward but you need to lower the accelerator to tick over or it would throw you off the machine when selecting neutral.

Comment

Have you jacked up the axles both at the same time yet ? (please keep to this one thread with your questions)
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
        X