Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel drive hose replacement on a mid nineties jcb 801.4 mini digger help

hello everyone
    i own a jcb 801.4 mini digger i think it is mid to late nineties i have a bad leek on the travel drive hose ,can any kind member tell me how to replace it,what is involved,many thanks graham p

Depends if it is the drive motor end , or the control valve end,If it is the drive motor end the hose will go to the bottom of the centre joint . Can you see where it has blown , or do you have oil running out of the bowels of the machine when you try and track ? If it is control valve side , it will go to the top of the centre joint.

Comment

travel drive hose replacement on a mid nineties jcb 801.4 mini digger help

hi ianoz
      i have taken the cover plate off the back of the final drive motor and there 3 hoses the one at the top is narrower than the bottom 2,this is where the hydraulic oil was coming from,but no damage to the hoses this end,i suspect the hose or hoses are leeking nearer the other end ,i think there is a cover plate underneath is this where you get access to the other end of the hoses,sorry if i am being unclear but iam a real novice at this regards graham p

Comment

Theres normally three , a bi directional flow and a low pressure return line. Its hard to spot the culprit as oil will was always leak down to the lower hose, and drip from a higher point, but it will be one of the high pressure lines for sure, you will have to go under the machine and try and track it back from the rotary distributer valve to find out which one it is
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

thanks muz
          weather permitting i will give it a go later

Comment

Drive it up onto some sleepers or something, never jack it up and trust, or work under anything held by hydraulics because they can fail.
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
            X