Kubota 8 tonne dipper bush replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Yes I did all that we are on the druid outer curve here then thats ok boyo ..we need a matalurgical chemist to give the answer (was my fave subject at skool) but Im still thick
    Like I said it will " not burn like oxygenated steel will " just melts so you can't get it to blow and burn like steel does ..... aluminium is the same ... won't burn, just melts ..... no reaction with the introduced oxygen to make it burn and hence leave a clean(ish) severed cut

" Oxy-fuel cutting is a chemical reaction between pure oxygen and steel to form iron oxide. It can be described as rapid, controlled rusting. ... As the steel is oxidized and blown away to form a cavity, the preheat and oxygen stream are moved at constant speed to form a continuous cut. "
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      Like I said it will " not burn like oxygenated steel will " just melts so you can't get it to blow and burn like steel does ..... aluminium is the same ...

ha ... ok but ally melts away lower how comes it doesent flow (the bush metal) then when its molten ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

sorry if im pressing you master yoda metal guru
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

ok just re- read your earlier post ... clearly Im tired .....................

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            ok just re- read your earlier post ... clearly Im tired .....................
            LOL
            if you didn't introduce the oxy stream to steel it would just sit in a molten pool like the other materials Muz
            the Ali / whatever doesn't flow, as the meniscus on the melt pool retains it in position, unless there is a gap under it and it is forced to fall away, either by gravity if the melt pool is too big to be supported by the meniscus, or it is blown away by the introduction of pressurised oxy from the cut stream in the nozzle ...... which immediately causes the melt pool to cool in most materials, other than steel ..... which is oxidised and blown away by the pressure of the gas exiting the cut jet
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

When I changed the bushings on my Kubota u10 I welded 3-4 strings in the bushing and than it was easy to hit out with an hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini machines View Post
                When I changed the bushings on my Kubota u10 I welded 3-4 strings in the bushing and than it was easy to hit out with an hammer.
                Yeah... its a doddle if they are steel like that .. and only 25 mm across ID

Comment

Working...
                X