X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Makers fined Billions

Ive joined this lawsuit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44973462

Major manufacturers fined £2.5 billion for price fixing .. I bought and paid for 2 brand new trucks in the time frame this was going on .. and I went to price another 12 months ago and couldnt believe the cost

"UK road hauliers who paid over the odds for trucks from firms found to have colluded in a price-fixing cartel could be in line for £5bn in compensation."

That is the size of the payout sought by the Road Haulage Association, which is pursuing a claim on their behalf at the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
    The move comes two years after the European Commission fined a number of truckmakers for inflating prices.

If the claim succeeds, trucks sold between 1997 and 2011 would be covered.

"Those truckers that have signed up to our claim could be in for a possible windfall of over £6,000 for every truck they bought or leased during the 14-year period," the Road Haulage Association (RHA) said.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Ive joined this lawsuit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44973462

Major manufacturers fined £2.5 billion for price fixing .. I bought and paid for 2 brand new trucks in the time frame this was going on .. and I went to price another 12 months ago and couldnt believe the cost

"UK road hauliers who paid over the odds for trucks from firms found to have colluded in a price-fixing cartel could be in line for £5bn in compensation."

That is the size of the payout sought by the Road Haulage Association, which is pursuing a claim on their behalf at the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
    The move comes two years after the European Commission fined a number of truckmakers for inflating prices.

If the claim succeeds, trucks sold between 1997 and 2011 would be covered.

"Those truckers that have signed up to our claim could be in for a possible windfall of over £6,000 for every truck they bought or leased during the 14-year period," the Road Haulage Association (RHA) said.

yeh, saw something about this somewhere ..... been kept pretty quiet ....... fingers crossed for you Boyo .... it goes on everywhere IMHDO, just never gets proven

much smaller scale, but ........ why has butter gone from 70-ish pence a block, five years ago to more than twice that price today ...... nothing else has doubled in price and deffo no other dairy products
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
    X