Thread: non starting lifton loadstar dumper

non starting lifton loadstar dumper

my 1990 something lifton dumper turns over very slow even with new battery. I have checked all terminals even connected battery direct to starter but same. I took starter off and it works from battery fine not under load. I have checked brushes and they don't look too bad so my thoughts are that starter is failing. Am I missing something or could this be the case

could be a lazy starter or your hydraulics are loading the engine somehow
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    could be a lazy starter or your hydraulics are loading the engine somehow
    Thanks Muz exactly that Starter F**ked Bought and fitted new and good as gold now

Good show .. shame you didnt post your thinking/finding .. you can get the starter reconditioned for not a lot of bucks and much less than a new one .. not everyone has the time or inclination to do that though, glad you got it sorted
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Good show .. shame you didnt post your thinking/finding .. you can get the starter reconditioned for not a lot of bucks and much less than a new one .. not everyone has the time or inclination to do that though, glad you got it sorted
    I'd be getting the offending item fettled ........ ready for the next time .... of which there won't be one .... with a spare in hand ... called insurance
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!