non starting lifton loadstar dumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non starting lifton loadstar dumper

my 1990 something lifton dumper turns over very slow even with new battery. I have checked all terminals even connected battery direct to starter but same. I took starter off and it works from battery fine not under load. I have checked brushes and they don't look too bad so my thoughts are that starter is failing. Am I missing something or could this be the case

could be a lazy starter or your hydraulics are loading the engine somehow
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      could be a lazy starter or your hydraulics are loading the engine somehow
      Thanks Muz exactly that Starter F**ked Bought and fitted new and good as gold now

Comment

Good show .. shame you didnt post your thinking/finding .. you can get the starter reconditioned for not a lot of bucks and much less than a new one .. not everyone has the time or inclination to do that though, glad you got it sorted
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Good show .. shame you didnt post your thinking/finding .. you can get the starter reconditioned for not a lot of bucks and much less than a new one .. not everyone has the time or inclination to do that though, glad you got it sorted
          I'd be getting the offending item fettled ........ ready for the next time .... of which there won't be one .... with a spare in hand ... called insurance
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
          X