PelJob EB12 Wobbly Boom/Arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PelJob EB12 Wobbly Boom/Arm

Its old but it works well enough but trying to tidy it up a bit more still but I don't have a parts manual and I don't know diggers that well.

The boom comes up from the digger and the arm goes to the bucket. Whats the bit that joins boom & arm together called and what do I need to do to get it not wobbling from side to side? Is it just a matter of new bearings and if so, where do I find them or indeed the size I should be getting? I can't find anything on the web :(

That bits the dipper ... and its held in place by two forks at the end of the boom, some of those old pel jobs had a nut on the main pin you could tighten ? but it will need pinned and bushed to make a proper job. All the bits are easily available from many suppliers. To make it easier they number all the pivot points for you to order your spares
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

try Evans and Reid for bits
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        That bits the dipper ... and its held in place by two forks at the end of the boom, some of those old pel jobs had a nut on the main pin you could tighten ? but it will need pinned and bushed to make a proper job. All the bits are easily available from many suppliers. To make it easier they number all the pivot points for you to order your spares

Ah - thank you. I've seen the nut.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        try Evans and Reid for bits
        Yes, will do, got the track rollers from there

Comment

Evans & Reid gave me a nice little diagram

I went and shook everything and anything attached to the dipper arm basically needs replacing - that's 7 sets

The boom end where it attaches to the rest of the digger (kingpin?) is remarkably stable, so happy for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Puffster View Post
            Evans & Reid gave me a nice little diagram

I went and shook everything and anything attached to the dipper arm basically needs replacing - that's 7 sets

The boom end where it attaches to the rest of the digger (kingpin?) is remarkably stable, so happy for that.
            oh dear ... sounds expensive
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Actually not too bad...

So once I've got them/fitted, I still have the following to do:

Fuel tank to pump leak - I've replaced the knackered jubilee clip but its still leaking, so will get a new fuel pipe & try that. Don't think its the pump.

Valve slices - quite a bit of wear in some of them (leaking) and the left-hand track still won't go on its own, though will with right-hand going or if up in the air. I have a set from an EB12.4 which are not the same but hoping that we can split and use some slices to replace the dodgy ones.

Slew ring has quite a bit of play but may leave that for the time being.

Minor oil leak from the bottom of the engine despite a new sump gasket. So needs tracing/fixing.

Apart from that, its all pretty good. Still looks old/rusted/tatty and could do with a paint job maybe if I can be bothered. Engine is a bit smoky once started but starts on the nose from cold with 7 or 8 seconds pre-heat. Sort those last bits out and its still worth £1000/£1500 more than I've put into it.

Comment

Working...
              X