What career is right for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What career is right for me?

Sorry in advance for my spelling but english is not my first language. I just started to work as a Lobour but I am looking to learn and to get qualified for a better position. I am looking for something easy to get into it because I want to do it as soon as possible. I would also like something that is not physically demanding, maybe a small digger, dumper or other machines operator or anything else that fits me. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Rayton View Post
    Sorry in advance for my spelling but english is not my first language. I just started to work as a Lobour but I am looking to learn and to get qualified for a better position. I am looking for something easy to get into it because I want to do it as soon as possible. I would also like something that is not physically demanding, maybe a small digger, dumper or other machines operator or anything else that fits me. Any suggestions?
    where in the world are you ???
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      where in the world are you ???
      London

Comment

London
        and where in the world are you from if English is not your first language ??
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

and where in the world are you from if English is not your first language ??
          Does it matter where am I from? Anyway I'm from Italy.

Comment

Does it matter where am I from? Anyway I'm from Italy.
            Easy now .. peeps trying to help here .. all of us just trying to get a picture of what it is you need
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Easy now .. peeps trying to help here .. all of us just trying to get a picture of what it is you need
              Aye .... cheers Muz .... just trying to get an idea of who you are Boyo ......Ciao e Benvenuto nel forum .. you obviously have a decent command of written English so applying for jobs isn't going to be an issue .... similarly it looks as though you would have no issues taking written tests .... if you want to get into plant, it'd seem there are lots of paperwork qualifications needed, unless you fall in with some one who treats them with the contempt they deserve and doesn't give a shit about them, being more interested in your capabilities first ... however, it sounds like you have zero experience ....
              so unless you can find a start with someone who is willing to teach you on the job, training would seem to be your only avenue .... and it'll cost
              enthusiasm in the right situation'll get you the odd drive, and perhaps you could go on from there, but it won't happen on large sites

Comment

Aye .... cheers Muz .... just trying to get an idea of who you are Boyo ......Ciao e Benvenuto nel forum .. you obviously have a decent command of written English so applying for jobs isn't going to be an issue .... similarly it looks as though you would have no issues taking written tests .... if you want to get into plant, it'd seem there are lots of paperwork qualifications needed, unless you fall in with some one who treats them with the contempt they deserve and doesn't give a shit about them, being more interested in your capabilities first ... however, it sounds like you have zero experience ....
                so unless you can find a start with someone who is willing to teach you on the job, training would seem to be your only avenue .... and it'll cost
                enthusiasm in the right situation'll get you the odd drive, and perhaps you could go on from there, but it won't happen on large sites
                ok, thx for helping me. you're right i have almost zero experience but i am willing to take courses. i am interested in machines (like excavator/digger/dumper/forklift etc) but i would like to know what is the easiest one to start with

Comment

ok, thx for helping me. you're right i have almost zero experience but i am willing to take courses. i am interested in machines (like excavator/digger/dumper/forklift etc) but i would like to know what is the easiest one to start with
                  start on a dumper and you will stay on it ....
                  choose what you'd prefer and go after your first choice .... if it's a 360, learn on a duck .... the rest're a POP (piece of piss) after mastering a duck ......... Quack quack

Comment

start on a dumper and you will stay on it ....
                    choose what you'd prefer and go after your first choice .... if it's a 360, learn on a duck .... the rest're a POP (piece of piss) after mastering a duck ......... Quack quack
                    Thx for the info

Comment

Thx for the info
                      if you learn to operate a duck smoothly enough to keep it on its wheels, at all times .... everything else is a doddle ... and you'll never want to come off it

Comment

Do what you love and love what you are going to do.

Comment

Do you have access to equipment of an area that would allow you to hire a mini digger and practice with one............................................... ............
                          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                            Do you have access to equipment of an area that would allow you to hire a mini digger and practice with one............................................... ............
                            good idea Stock ... at least get a feel for the tools, without any pressure to perform ... and make sure that there's someone about ... just in case you end up under it, instead of on it ... the little ones are easy to flip ... 2.5 -3 t upwards are a bit more stable for a learner and a lot smoother

Comment

Working...
                            X