Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Jcb 8014

  1. #11

    Oops

    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    do what Boyo
    sorry a bit of finger trouble. Then I couldn’t work out how to delete blah blah blah 😄

  2. #12

    Cheers

    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    Looks straight enough at a distance ..... your oil leak could be something as simple as a loose oil pipe connection or a hose chafed and about to let go .... or even a damaged O ring/seal/etc. and could even be running from a completely different location ?
    how much oil over how long a period ?

    nothing like hydraulic for finding its way out .... got a lot of pressure behind it and always be aware that a squirting pinhole leak has enough pressure to inject oil into you body/bloodstream and kill you ...... be careful when leak hunting and do not do it with your hand
    Its not a lot. I’ll put a container underneath it to try to gauge how much and over what period of time. Thanks for the safety advice. I know little or nothing about hydraulics (I’m an electronics man).

  3. #13
    Admin Muz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,269
    Sorry lads just come back from hols .. money sounds a little strong TBH for what you have .. dunno if its a pig in a poke .. but.... it is a Jake .. so you can expect controls to be basic and leaks from un known sources .. sorry thats just the way they are ... All tracks will get some damage as they wear but I find 1 tonners quite resilient to damage, its the bigger ones like five and above that really suffer on rubbers .. best get the floor up so we can have a look and post up some pics etc
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Sorry lads just come back from hols .. money sounds a little strong TBH for what you have .. dunno if its a pig in a poke .. but.... it is a Jake .. so you can expect controls to be basic and leaks from un known sources .. sorry thats just the way they are ... All tracks will get some damage as they wear but I find 1 tonners quite resilient to damage, its the bigger ones like five and above that really suffer on rubbers .. best get the floor up so we can have a look and post up some pics etc
    Cheers, I’ll get some up tomorrow

    Dave

  5. #15

    Photos

    The hydraulic leak seems to be coming from here. This is accessible by removing the right side panel.

    Sorry it’s upside down for some reason

    6AE8B735-8D87-483F-848C-4683CC631850.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #16
    Admin Muz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,269
    kinda looks like an accumulator ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    kinda looks like an accumulator ?
    ‘I wondered if Is was an expansion vessel? If there were such a thing on a digger. I’ve ordered up a service manual to get more info.

    im half thinking of exercising my consumer rights with this purchase. I bought it through a dealer who advertised it as “no leaks”. I have spoken to him about it and he said “sorry mate 2nd hand digger no warantee the leak must have appeared after you took ownership” it was the next day I noticed the leak. Apparently I have 30 days to request a refund or repair under the 2015 consumer rights act.

  8. #18
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveindevon View Post
    ‘I wondered if Is was an expansion vessel? If there were such a thing on a digger. I’ve ordered up a service manual to get more info.

    im half thinking of exercising my consumer rights with this purchase. I bought it through a dealer who advertised it as “no leaks”. I have spoken to him about it and he said “sorry mate 2nd hand digger no warantee the leak must have appeared after you took ownership” it was the next day I noticed the leak. Apparently I have 30 days to request a refund or repair under the 2015 consumer rights act.
    do you have a copy of the ad saying "no leaks" ?

    and

    have you any record of your conversation with said dealer ...
    not Devon Plant is it ... their name has come up before elsewhere

    I'd possibly be advising them of your rights under the act and the fact that if they aren't prepared to deal with the situation, perhaps they'd be happier dealing with trading std.s?
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

  9. #19
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    kinda looks like an accumulator ?
    looks to be leaking from the bladder crimp?
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    do you have a copy of the ad saying "no leaks" ?

    and

    have you any record of your conversation with said dealer ...
    not Devon Plant is it ... their name has come up before elsewhere

    I'd possibly be advising them of your rights under the act and the fact that if they aren't prepared to deal with the situation, perhaps they'd be happier dealing with trading std.s?
    I have read over the original ad. and I must have confused it with another advert. as this one doesn’t actually say “no leaks” so I probably couldn’t get him on an inaccurate description. I may have a case under “not fit for purpose “.

    I purchased from “Warwick Plant” in Maidenhead. He has said he’ll help me if he can.

    Maybe I’ll just try to seal/fix the leak as it doesn’t seem to be under any pressure YET!

    Dave

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    looks to be leaking from the bladder crimp?
    Thank you. I’m going to try to seal it with some epoxy resin.

    Dave

Similar Threads

  1. JCB 8014 late nineties with some issues
    By jonwilliams in forum Damn! its Broken ........ again ..!!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2017, 09:14 PM
  2. JCB 8014 pins and bushes
    By Mike K in forum Everything Excavators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2017, 12:45 AM
  3. Hydraulic oil JCB 8014
    By Alanm in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-11-2015, 10:32 PM
  4. 8014 Bushes
    By robert in forum Everything Excavators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-05-2013, 05:34 PM
  5. Looking for a supplier for 8014 tracks
    By Jimbo.911 in forum Everything Excavators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-04-2013, 03:30 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •