Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jcb 8014

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    do what Boyo
    sorry a bit of finger trouble. Then I couldn’t work out how to delete blah blah blah 😄

Cheers

Looks straight enough at a distance ..... your oil leak could be something as simple as a loose oil pipe connection or a hose chafed and about to let go .... or even a damaged O ring/seal/etc. and could even be running from a completely different location ?
    how much oil over how long a period ?

nothing like hydraulic for finding its way out .... got a lot of pressure behind it and always be aware that a squirting pinhole leak has enough pressure to inject oil into you body/bloodstream and kill you ...... be careful when leak hunting and do not do it with your hand
    Its not a lot. I’ll put a container underneath it to try to gauge how much and over what period of time. Thanks for the safety advice. I know little or nothing about hydraulics (I’m an electronics man).

Sorry lads just come back from hols .. money sounds a little strong TBH for what you have .. dunno if its a pig in a poke .. but.... it is a Jake .. so you can expect controls to be basic and leaks from un known sources .. sorry thats just the way they are ... All tracks will get some damage as they wear but I find 1 tonners quite resilient to damage, its the bigger ones like five and above that really suffer on rubbers .. best get the floor up so we can have a look and post up some pics etc
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Sorry lads just come back from hols .. money sounds a little strong TBH for what you have .. dunno if its a pig in a poke .. but.... it is a Jake .. so you can expect controls to be basic and leaks from un known sources .. sorry thats just the way they are ... All tracks will get some damage as they wear but I find 1 tonners quite resilient to damage, its the bigger ones like five and above that really suffer on rubbers .. best get the floor up so we can have a look and post up some pics etc
    Cheers, I’ll get some up tomorrow

Dave

Photos

The hydraulic leak seems to be coming from here. This is accessible by removing the right side panel.

Sorry it’s upside down for some reason

6AE8B735-8D87-483F-848C-4683CC631850.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

kinda looks like an accumulator ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

‘I wondered if Is was an expansion vessel? If there were such a thing on a digger. I’ve ordered up a service manual to get more info.

im half thinking of exercising my consumer rights with this purchase. I bought it through a dealer who advertised it as “no leaks”. I have spoken to him about it and he said “sorry mate 2nd hand digger no warantee the leak must have appeared after you took ownership” it was the next day I noticed the leak. Apparently I have 30 days to request a refund or repair under the 2015 consumer rights act.

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveindevon View Post
    ‘I wondered if Is was an expansion vessel? If there were such a thing on a digger. I’ve ordered up a service manual to get more info.

im half thinking of exercising my consumer rights with this purchase. I bought it through a dealer who advertised it as “no leaks”. I have spoken to him about it and he said “sorry mate 2nd hand digger no warantee the leak must have appeared after you took ownership” it was the next day I noticed the leak. Apparently I have 30 days to request a refund or repair under the 2015 consumer rights act.
    do you have a copy of the ad saying "no leaks" ?

and

have you any record of your conversation with said dealer ...
    not Devon Plant is it ... their name has come up before elsewhere

I'd possibly be advising them of your rights under the act and the fact that if they aren't prepared to deal with the situation, perhaps they'd be happier dealing with trading std.s?
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    looks to be leaking from the bladder crimp?
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

do you have a copy of the ad saying "no leaks" ?

and

have you any record of your conversation with said dealer ...
    not Devon Plant is it ... their name has come up before elsewhere

I'd possibly be advising them of your rights under the act and the fact that if they aren't prepared to deal with the situation, perhaps they'd be happier dealing with trading std.s?
    I have read over the original ad. and I must have confused it with another advert. as this one doesn’t actually say “no leaks” so I probably couldn’t get him on an inaccurate description. I may have a case under “not fit for purpose “.

I purchased from “Warwick Plant” in Maidenhead. He has said he’ll help me if he can.

Maybe I’ll just try to seal/fix the leak as it doesn’t seem to be under any pressure YET!

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

looks to be leaking from the bladder crimp?
    Thank you. I’m going to try to seal it with some epoxy resin.

Dave