Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jcb 8014

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2006 JCB 8014. It seems quite a clean functional machine and doesn’t seem to have had a hard life.

its going to be a steep learning curve for me having never operated one before.

Could anyone tell me about tracking on this machine please. If I just go full steam ahead, or reverse, she tracks fine but to go slowly she jerks an bucks quite a bit. It may be inexperience and hopefully not sinister.

Dave

Originally posted by Daveindevon View Post
    Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2006 JCB 8014. It seems quite a clean functional machine and doesn’t seem to have had a hard life.

its going to be a steep learning curve for me having never operated one before.

Could anyone tell me about tracking on this machine please. If I just go full steam ahead, or reverse, she tracks fine but to go slowly she jerks an bucks quite a bit. It may be inexperience and hopefully not sinister.

Dave
    from my limited experience of m/cs of this size ...... 's how they are ... 'orrible ... make the best of op.s look an idiot/amateur ..... nasty lil' things ..... finesse and travel do not appear in the same sentence for minis IMHDO

I spent a couple of days on a 8014, doing a difficult set of garage footings for a mate in '17 .... wasn't bad digging, as long as you didn't expect mush more than a scrape at a time, which was all I wanted in unknown ground and'd load the stockpile out sweet as .... but real noddy loading with a full bucket, tracking as you say was abysmal and the sticks kept going to sleep if you didn't keep it cooking

better than a 1RB though
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

And there’s more ...

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      from my limited experience of m/cs of this size ...... 's how they are ... 'orrible ... make the best of op.s look an idiot/amateur ..... nasty lil' things ..... finesse and travel do not appear in the same sentence for minis IMHDO

I spent a couple of days on a 8014, doing a difficult set of garage footings for a mate in '17 .... wasn't bad digging, as long as you didn't expect mush more than a scrape at a time, which was all I wanted in unknown ground and'd load the stockpile out sweet as .... but real noddy loading with a full bucket, tracking as you say was abysmal and the sticks kept going to sleep if you didn't keep it cooking

better than a 1RB though
      Thank you for your reply.
      i wonder if I may trouble you for some more thoughts on this machine.

I, perhaps “stupidly” bought this machine unseen / untested. I have run it for a couple of hours to gain a bit of confidence and coordination but this morning I notice the following

1) There is a fluid leak underneath dripping onto the middle of the top of the right track. I’m assuming is hydraulic fluid ? Is very clean and yellowish

2) I’m concerned about the condition of the tracks. There seems to be some severe cuts on the outside (this may not be a concern) but there seems to be considerable wear and damage on the inside.

Have I bought a pig in a poke.

Dave

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
        i wonder if I may trouble you for some more thoughts on this machine.

I, perhaps “stupidly” bought this machine unseen / untested. I have run it for a couple of hours to gain a bit of confidence and coordination but this morning I notice the following

1) There is a fluid leak underneath dripping onto the middle of the top of the right track. I’m assuming is hydraulic fluid ? Is very clean and yellowish

2) I’m concerned about the condition of the tracks. There seems to be some severe cuts on the outside (this may not be a concern) but there seems to be considerable wear and damage on the inside.

Have I bought a pig in a poke.

Dave

Muz ! Q.s for you Boyo ....
        sounds suspiciously like hydraulic to me, but can't recall what's above that R/h track .... plumbing IIRC

Can you get some pix up of the issues with the tracks .... remarkable what they'll stick before letting go and not the horrendously dear items they once were for smaller machines
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

And there’s more ...

Sorry I didn’t mean to do that

Comment

have a flick through the pix of the 'garage' dig ... it's possible to achieve a lot with the lil' girl

right click on the pic - open in new tab'll take you to the rest
            the stockpile was the result of being let down by the local skip outfit
            Last edited by v8druid; 14-04-2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Cheers

Muz ! Q.s for you Boyo ....
              sounds suspiciously like hydraulic to me, but can't recall what's above that R/h track .... plumbing IIRC

Can you get some pix up of the issues with the tracks .... remarkable what they'll stick before letting go and not the horrendously dear items they once were for smaller machines
              maybe im worrying unnecessarily after parting with £7720 (inc.trailer and delivery) I don’t want to shell out on repairs already.

I’ll take some pics tomorrow to see you reckon.

Thank you for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

have a flick through the pix of the 'garage' dig ... it's possible to achieve a lot with the lil' girl

[IMG][/IMG]

right click on the pic - open in new tab'll take yo to the rest
              Great photos thanks

Dave

Comment

There she is

7F19C159-AC17-480F-828B-41923870E6FE.jpgHere she is
                Last edited by Daveindevon; 14-04-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Sorry I didn’t mean to do that
                  do what Boyo

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4342[/ATTACH]Here she is
                    Looks straight enough at a distance ..... your oil leak could be something as simple as a loose oil pipe connection or a hose chafed and about to let go .... or even a damaged O ring/seal/etc. and could even be running from a completely different location ?
                    how much oil over how long a period ?

nothing like hydraulic for finding its way out .... got a lot of pressure behind it and always be aware that a squirting pinhole leak has enough pressure to inject oil into you body/bloodstream and kill you ...... be careful when leak hunting and do not do it with your hand

Comment

Oops

do what Boyo
                      sorry a bit of finger trouble. Then I couldn’t work out how to delete blah blah blah 😄

Comment

Cheers

Looks straight enough at a distance ..... your oil leak could be something as simple as a loose oil pipe connection or a hose chafed and about to let go .... or even a damaged O ring/seal/etc. and could even be running from a completely different location ?
                        how much oil over how long a period ?

nothing like hydraulic for finding its way out .... got a lot of pressure behind it and always be aware that a squirting pinhole leak has enough pressure to inject oil into you body/bloodstream and kill you ...... be careful when leak hunting and do not do it with your hand
                        Its not a lot. I’ll put a container underneath it to try to gauge how much and over what period of time. Thanks for the safety advice. I know little or nothing about hydraulics (I’m an electronics man).

Comment

Sorry lads just come back from hols .. money sounds a little strong TBH for what you have .. dunno if its a pig in a poke .. but.... it is a Jake .. so you can expect controls to be basic and leaks from un known sources .. sorry thats just the way they are ... All tracks will get some damage as they wear but I find 1 tonners quite resilient to damage, its the bigger ones like five and above that really suffer on rubbers .. best get the floor up so we can have a look and post up some pics etc
                          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            Sorry lads just come back from hols .. money sounds a little strong TBH for what you have .. dunno if its a pig in a poke .. but.... it is a Jake .. so you can expect controls to be basic and leaks from un known sources .. sorry thats just the way they are ... All tracks will get some damage as they wear but I find 1 tonners quite resilient to damage, its the bigger ones like five and above that really suffer on rubbers .. best get the floor up so we can have a look and post up some pics etc
                            Cheers, I’ll get some up tomorrow

Dave

Comment

Photos

The hydraulic leak seems to be coming from here. This is accessible by removing the right side panel.

Sorry it’s upside down for some reason

6AE8B735-8D87-483F-848C-4683CC631850.jpg
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X