Thread: JCB 801.4 engine stalls

New Start

JCB 801.4 engine stalls

My 801.4 when warm stalls when any load is put on whether tracking or bucket etc, immediately restarts but wonít tick over and dies again.
    I replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump recently and also fitted a primer bladder all jcb parts, if I let it cool down it is fine for about 5 minutes work then stalling again.
    There is no sign of overheating, I donít know what to explore now as a fix, any suggestions welcome
    Michael

Most likely be a fuel restriction somewhere, commonly something in the tank, or paint flakes in a banjo connector ... something like that
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Most likely be a fuel restriction somewhere, commonly something in the tank, or paint flakes in a banjo connector ... something like that
    Think I'd have the priming bladder out for starters too ..... way I read that it, didn't have one originally??
    valves in those things can be finnicky

jury rig a gallon can above the motor straight in and see what it does ... then work back
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

New Start

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    Think I'd have the priming bladder out for starters too ..... way I read that it, didn't have one originally??
    valves in those things can be finnicky

jury rig a gallon can above the motor straight in and see what it does ... then work back
    I only put the bladder on because JCB donít supply the original type pump with the primer leaver and they said this was the current option so if I remove it I have no way to prime the fuel line unless someone has a method they can share?

i think you are both on the right track as it didnít do it before I changed the pump etc

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvern Michael View Post
    I only put the bladder on because JCB donít supply the original type pump with the primer leaver and they said this was the current option so if I remove it I have no way to prime the fuel line unless someone has a method they can share?

i think you are both on the right track as it didnít do it before I changed the pump etc
    perhaps the arm is too short or the wrong shape and barely pumping, if it's a block mounted, cam driven jobbie

If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

New Start
    Hi, I bought it from a JCB agent with the serial number of my machine so I would hope it is the correct one 🤞🏻
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    perhaps the arm is too short or the wrong shape and barely pumping, if it's a block mounted, cam driven jobbie

Quote Originally Posted by Malvern Michael View Post
    Hi, I bought it from a JCB agent with the serial number of my machine so I would hope it is the correct one ����
    Michael
    well you can but hope , but we are talking Jake 'stealer'/agent here ...... do you have the original to compare it with ??
    as your issues all stem from the pump change, I'd be pinning a few quid on it being the issue