EC15b overheats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
    yes. Will do that. Need to buy some of the green coolant first.
    Digging evening today. After a while the red light lit again. Don’t really know if it is an issue as the engine is not exceptionally warm. The temp switch does work, but does it switch on too early. It should be 111C, or at least the sparepart says so.

Rad. gets hot and the belt is tight. Air flows through the carefully cleaned fin openings. Like in a symphony orchestra trombone players mouth....well, almost.

Water pump laziness?

Hydraulic pump leak causing the oil to warm up?

Thermostat?

Radiator cap?

Leak somewhere?

Fuel pump timing?

Fuel nozzle issue?

User error?

Waaat could it be?

I’m all ears
    Last edited by Mattir; 29-04-2019, 07:16 PM. Reason: 3 more

Comment

Digging evening today. After a while the red light lit again. Don’t really know if it is an issue as the engine is not exceptionally warm. The temp switch does work, but does it switch on too early. It should be 111C, or at least the sparepart says so.

Rad. gets hot and the belt is tight. Air flows through the carefully cleaned fin openings. Like in a symphony orchestra trombone players mouth....well, almost.

Water pump laziness?

Thermostat?

Radiator cap?

Leak somewhere?

Fuel pump timing?

Fuel nozzle issue?

User error?

Waaat could it be?

I’m all ears
      Partially blocked radiator core not allowing sufficient flow to cool coolant .... could try some caustic soda ... don't get carried away .. it eats old rad cores
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Water pump laziness?

Thermostat?

Radiator cap?

Leak somewhere?

Fuel pump timing?

Fuel nozzle issue?

User error?

Waaat could it be?

I’m all ears
        Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        Partially blocked radiator core not allowing sufficient flow to cool coolant .... could try some caustic soda ... don't get carried away .. it eats old rad cores
        Nope .. back to yer box under the seat and a dodgy temp sender screwed into the water jacket manifold .. disconnect the fooker and be done with it caused many a shut down under false pretenses .. after all it wasnt blowing steam out the rad was it mattir ? ... just a light on the dash to panik the bollox in ye ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Nope .. back to yer box under the seat and a dodgy temp sender screwed into the water jacket manifold .. disconnect the fooker and be done with it caused many a shut down under false pretenses .. after all it wasnt blowing steam out the rad was it mattir ? ... just a light on the dash to panik the bollox in ye ?
          Yes, it still runs on diesel, not on steam as the old dougs used to do. Bollox are fine as well. The light is persistent and keeps on adding some disco fever in the cabin. Well, it’s needed as the May 1st is almost here

Muz, I believe i your BlackBox -theory. It almost compares to theory of relativity of Mr. Einstein.

Will check some of the hoses and the cap. Will top up the coolant as well.

Happy 1st of May!

Comment

Yes, it still runs on diesel, not on steam as the old dougs used to do. Bollox are fine as well. The light is persistent and keeps on adding some disco fever in the cabin. Well, it’s needed as the May 1st is almost here

Muz, I believe i your BlackBox -theory. It almost compares to theory of relativity of Mr. Einstein.

Will check some of the hoses and the cap. Will top up the coolant as well.

Happy 1st of May!

Results from investigations: the rad cap has a tiny crack in the sealing rubber. Suspect that it will prevent the pressure from building up. It is a 0.9 bar cap. Additionally when idling and the cap opened, the liquid did not flow fast. Could squeese the rad hose and make the surface rise. Is the water pump the faulty party after all? Shouldn’t the pump make the fluid move a bit stronger than a cow’s breath?

Still confused but enjoyed 1 h of digging. Now for the festivities...

Comment

Results from investigations: the rad cap has a tiny crack in the sealing rubber. Suspect that it will prevent the pressure from building up. It is a 0.9 bar cap. Additionally when idling and the cap opened, the liquid did not flow fast. Could squeese the rad hose and make the surface rise. Is the water pump the faulty party after all? Shouldn’t the pump make the fluid move a bit stronger than a cow’s breath?

Still confused but enjoyed 1 h of digging. Now for the festivities...
              only when the thermostat is open and up to temp. usually ... other wise it's circulating within the block, raising the working temp.
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

only when the thermostat is open and up to temp. usually ... other wise it's circulating within the block, raising the working temp.
                Even then you dont see much flow .. id be unplugging the sensor and cracking on ... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.............. of my units have all done the same
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Even then you dont see much flow .. id be unplugging the sensor and cracking on ... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.............. of my units have all done the same
                  no .... it's no tidal wave for sure

Every time I log in here my dismay about lil' Ovlovs is compounded ..... an' I nearly went and bought one

Comment

no .... it's no tidal wave for sure

Every time I log in here my dismay about lil' Ovlovs is compounded ..... an' I nearly went and bought one
                    Well , this machine has french roots .

It has been running for some 3400+ hrs and is still delivering so it is not always broken

Ordered the new temp switch and will install it. Read from a local forum that the temp switches tend to get more sensitive at old age ( contrary to old men)

happy May 1st

Comment

Hi all,

I quess the disease has been cured. The -15B attended a tiny surgical operation. Old temp sensor was carefully removed and a new one was sewn in place. Likewise an oil temp sensor was operated with highest precision. Minor loss of fluids were compensated.

The operation lasted for 30 minutes and the patient is now in good health. She recoved fully and moved a lot of dirt in the evening.

thanks to all relatives and spectators.

Comment

Well I wont bore you with the story of how I was fed up paying Volvo £25 for 'this' brass nut that probably cost 50 pence and scoured the internet .. and the the entire BAUMA show one year looking for this component before overhearing 2 Glasgow guys (where I am based) behind me .. at that BAUMA show in Germany from the Honeywell stand who I discovered make them, and they are based just outside Glasgow .. F*&k ... and they were right under my nose all along

Comment

Well I wont bore you with the story of how I was fed up paying Volvo £25 for 'this' brass nut that probably cost 50 pence and scoured the internet .. and the the entire BAUMA show one year looking for this component before overhearing 2 Glasgow guys (where I am based) behind me .. at that BAUMA show in Germany from the Honeywell stand who I discovered make them, and they are based just outside Glasgow .. F*&k ... and they were right under my nose all along
                          Yes, by googling enough, one finds almost everything. Just need to be bit out of the box with the search.

The -15 is well, but now I have fever. Most unusual for me but what can you do. Just enjoy the start of internal heating season.

Comment

Hi guys,

After some hours of digging, the coolant level in the rad has sunk. There must be a tiny leak somewhere but so tiny that it is impossible to see.

Any ideas ?

Comment

Hi guys,

After some hours of digging, the coolant level in the rad has sunk. There must be a tiny leak somewhere but so tiny that it is impossible to see.

Any ideas ?
                              If its not the heater matrix check my post #2 at the start of this thread

Comment

If its not the heater matrix check my post #2 at the start of this thread
                                Heater matrix .... the heater element delivering heat to the cabin?

Comment

Working...
                                X