Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 8 Foot brush

  1. #1
    Admin Muz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,331

    8 Foot brush

    Picked this up recently but I'm having a chin scratch about how to make a mount for it to go on the digger ... and which digger ?

    brushy12.jpg
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

  2. #2
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Picked this up recently but I'm having a chin scratch about how to make a mount for it to go on the digger ... and which digger ?

    brushy12.jpg
    dipper or blade mounted Muz ?? dipper'd be my preference ..... been looking for a decent cheap one for ages ... with some bristles left ..... for the 'Drema's dipper

    bin the existing bracketry and put a set of cheeks on top of it, on a swivel you can pin at misc. angles
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

  3. #3
    Admin Muz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,331
    This any good to you got mine of the same guy for 500

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/3473...81081572039095
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

  4. #4
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    This any good to you got mine of the same guy for 500

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/3473...81081572039095
    cheers - I see that a few weeks ago .....
    msgd the guy and said he was confident he'd sold it, but would get back to me if he didn't .... not heard anymore so assumed it'd gone
    I'll get on to him later .... 9 footer too ... ideal for the drive on the skew
    what did it cost you for shipping yours Muz ??... double pallet jobbies
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

  5. #5
    Admin Muz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,331
    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    cheers - I see that a few weeks ago .....
    msgd the guy and said he was confident he'd sold it, but would get back to me if he didn't .... not heard anymore so assumed it'd gone
    I'll get on to him later .... 9 footer too ... ideal for the drive on the skew
    what did it cost you for shipping yours Muz ??... double pallet jobbies
    Drove down and picked it up .. he wanted 550 but the brush went from 15" diameter to 10" which wasnt evident in the pic so he knocked another 50 off .. had a cup of tea waiting for me too on arrival, seems a decent enough guy .. and presumably why he now states that in the advert about coning being normal .. didnt think 500 was too bad for it, and he assured me brush sections arent too costly as he works for the council and uses enough of them.. I think that 9 footer looks better than mine, depending on the bristles ofcourse
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

  6. #6
    Admin Muz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,331
    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    dipper or blade mounted Muz ?? dipper'd be my preference ..... been looking for a decent cheap one for ages ... with some bristles left ..... for the 'Drema's dipper

    bin the existing bracketry and put a set of cheeks on top of it, on a swivel you can pin at misc. angles
    I was thinking about making some hangers so it could go on the blade, as it has two depth wheels at the other side, not visible in the pic, then it could be picked up by several different sized excavators. Also I have an old dozer ram lying about which I was going to replace the offset strut with to give a variable angle set up.

    After testing with a chain hanger set up, what you forget about is just how much 'drive' force is generated by the brushes rotation .. which also varies if its pushing a lot of muck .. a dynamic I hadn't even thought of
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

  7. #7
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Drove down and picked it up .. he wanted 550 but the brush went from 15" diameter to 10" which wasnt evident in the pic so he knocked another 50 off .. had a cup of tea waiting for me too on arrival, seems a decent enough guy .. and presumably why he now states that in the advert about coning being normal .. didnt think 500 was too bad for it, and he assured me brush sections arent too costly as he works for the council and uses enough of them.. I think that 9 footer looks better than mine, depending on the bristles ofcourse
    long ol' run for you Muz

    it does look decent, but some better/more pix of the bristles'd be good .... they ain't as cheap as yer man makes out from what i've seen of 'em ..... an' there'd be a lorrabristley bits in a 9 footer

    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    I was thinking about making some hangers so it could go on the blade, as it has two depth wheels at the other side, not visible in the pic, then it could be picked up by several different sized excavators. Also I have an old dozer ram lying about which I was going to replace the offset strut with to give a variable angle set up.

    After testing with a chain hanger set up, what you forget about is just how much 'drive' force is generated by the brushes rotation .. which also varies if its pushing a lot of muck .. a dynamic I hadn't even thought of
    interesting comment that Muz .. will have some push back 'loaded' , but thought the technique with 'em is to 'flick' the crap away from the brush, not to load it ... traveling too quick if you do

    beauty of a dipper mounted unit is the ability to put it where you want it and with a ram varying the angle of attack'd be better suited to the dipper end IMHDO
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

  8. #8
    Admin Muz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,331
    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post


    interesting comment that Muz .. will have some push back 'loaded' , but thought the technique with 'em is to 'flick' the crap away from the brush, not to load it ... traveling too quick if you do

    beauty of a dipper mounted unit is the ability to put it where you want it and with a ram varying the angle of attack'd be better suited to the dipper end IMHDO
    See .. I think you will be better off with some 'float' rather than a fixed head ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

  9. #9
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    See .. I think you will be better off with some 'float' rather than a fixed head ?
    a floating mount on the dipper is quite do-able though Muz
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Similar Threads

  1. 801.4 foot pedal
    By Smarttee in forum Everything Excavators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-10-2017, 09:31 AM
  2. Brush clearance .. never seen anything like this tool
    By Muz in forum All Plant Youtube clips / Pictures
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30-04-2014, 09:41 PM
  3. Excavator mounted brush cutters.
    By 245dlc in forum Everything Excavators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 06:56 PM
  4. Brush and tree mulchers
    By 245dlc in forum Everything Excavators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 05:43 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •