8 Foot brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Foot brush

Picked this up recently but I'm having a chin scratch about how to make a mount for it to go on the digger ... and which digger ?

brushy12.jpg
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Picked this up recently but I'm having a chin scratch about how to make a mount for it to go on the digger ... and which digger ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4368[/ATTACH]
    dipper or blade mounted Muz ?? dipper'd be my preference ..... been looking for a decent cheap one for ages ... with some bristles left ..... for the 'Drema's dipper

bin the existing bracketry and put a set of cheeks on top of it, on a swivel you can pin at misc. angles
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

This any good to you got mine of the same guy for 500

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3473...81081572039095
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

This any good to you got mine of the same guy for 500

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3473...81081572039095
        cheers - I see that a few weeks ago .....
        msgd the guy and said he was confident he'd sold it, but would get back to me if he didn't .... not heard anymore so assumed it'd gone
        I'll get on to him later .... 9 footer too ... ideal for the drive on the skew
        what did it cost you for shipping yours Muz ??... double pallet jobbies
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          cheers - I see that a few weeks ago .....
          msgd the guy and said he was confident he'd sold it, but would get back to me if he didn't .... not heard anymore so assumed it'd gone
          I'll get on to him later .... 9 footer too ... ideal for the drive on the skew
          what did it cost you for shipping yours Muz ??... double pallet jobbies
          Drove down and picked it up .. he wanted 550 but the brush went from 15" diameter to 10" which wasnt evident in the pic so he knocked another 50 off .. had a cup of tea waiting for me too on arrival, seems a decent enough guy .. and presumably why he now states that in the advert about coning being normal .. didnt think 500 was too bad for it, and he assured me brush sections arent too costly as he works for the council and uses enough of them.. I think that 9 footer looks better than mine, depending on the bristles ofcourse

Comment

dipper or blade mounted Muz ?? dipper'd be my preference ..... been looking for a decent cheap one for ages ... with some bristles left ..... for the 'Drema's dipper

bin the existing bracketry and put a set of cheeks on top of it, on a swivel you can pin at misc. angles
            I was thinking about making some hangers so it could go on the blade, as it has two depth wheels at the other side, not visible in the pic, then it could be picked up by several different sized excavators. Also I have an old dozer ram lying about which I was going to replace the offset strut with to give a variable angle set up.

After testing with a chain hanger set up, what you forget about is just how much 'drive' force is generated by the brushes rotation .. which also varies if its pushing a lot of muck .. a dynamic I hadn't even thought of

Comment

Drove down and picked it up .. he wanted 550 but the brush went from 15" diameter to 10" which wasnt evident in the pic so he knocked another 50 off .. had a cup of tea waiting for me too on arrival, seems a decent enough guy .. and presumably why he now states that in the advert about coning being normal .. didnt think 500 was too bad for it, and he assured me brush sections arent too costly as he works for the council and uses enough of them.. I think that 9 footer looks better than mine, depending on the bristles ofcourse
              long ol' run for you Muz

it does look decent, but some better/more pix of the bristles'd be good .... they ain't as cheap as yer man makes out from what i've seen of 'em ..... an' there'd be a lorrabristley bits in a 9 footer

I was thinking about making some hangers so it could go on the blade, as it has two depth wheels at the other side, not visible in the pic, then it could be picked up by several different sized excavators. Also I have an old dozer ram lying about which I was going to replace the offset strut with to give a variable angle set up.

After testing with a chain hanger set up, what you forget about is just how much 'drive' force is generated by the brushes rotation .. which also varies if its pushing a lot of muck .. a dynamic I hadn't even thought of
              interesting comment that Muz .. will have some push back 'loaded' , but thought the technique with 'em is to 'flick' the crap away from the brush, not to load it ... traveling too quick if you do

beauty of a dipper mounted unit is the ability to put it where you want it and with a ram varying the angle of attack'd be better suited to the dipper end IMHDO

Comment

interesting comment that Muz .. will have some push back 'loaded' , but thought the technique with 'em is to 'flick' the crap away from the brush, not to load it ... traveling too quick if you do

beauty of a dipper mounted unit is the ability to put it where you want it and with a ram varying the angle of attack'd be better suited to the dipper end IMHDO
                See .. I think you will be better off with some 'float' rather than a fixed head ?

Comment

See .. I think you will be better off with some 'float' rather than a fixed head ?
                  a floating mount on the dipper is quite do-able though Muz

Comment

Working...
                  X