Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC15B XTV - Dipper Ram Seal Replacement Advice

Hi,

My next EX15B repair is to replace the dipper arm ram seal kit. In browsing the Internet I have come across this kit (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-EC1...oAAOSwyCNbXw6y) and was wondering if anybody out there had any experience, positive or negative, about aftermarket seal kits.

Before I start taking the dipper ram apart there's a few of things I don't know.

• Does anybody know the size of the large nut inside the ram on the end of the shaft that you have to remove to replace all of the seals?
    • And does anybody know the size of the c-spanner needed to take the end seal cap off?
    • When installing the ram back onto the digger what is the process of bleeding the air out the hydraulic system?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt.

Originally posted by gardenshed View Post
    Hi,

My next EX15B repair is to replace the dipper arm ram seal kit. In browsing the Internet I have come across this kit (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-EC1...oAAOSwyCNbXw6y) and was wondering if anybody out there had any experience, positive or negative, about aftermarket seal kits.

Before I start taking the dipper ram apart there's a few of things I don't know.

• Does anybody know the size of the large nut inside the ram on the end of the shaft that you have to remove to replace all of the seals?
    • And does anybody know the size of the c-spanner needed to take the end seal cap off?
    • When installing the ram back onto the digger what is the process of bleeding the air out the hydraulic system?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt.
    After market seals will be fine, just done a boom lift today

• Does anybody know the size of the large nut inside the ram on the end of the shaft that you have to remove to replace all of the seals? must be about 32 mm
    • And does anybody know the size of the c-spanner needed to take the end seal cap off? i use a stillson, then buff off the teeth marks
    • When installing the ram back onto the digger what is the process of bleeding the air out the hydraulic system? Just stoke it end to end and top up the Hyd tank

see the thread here about the strip incase you didnt already

https://www.plantandconstruction.co....light=boom+ram

same for dipper
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Cheers Muz :)

I did the dipper ram seal replacement using the after market seal kit above. Everything went very smoothly, no problem undoing any of the bolts etc..

Tools used
      • adjustable c-spanner (51-121mm) for undoing the ram end seal
      • 17mm spanner for undoing the hydraulic hoses from the ram
      • 14mm socket for removing the hydraulic hose guard
      • 36mm socket for undoing the ram end nut
      • pick and hook set for removing the old seals
      • grips for straightening the split pins holding the dipper ram pins

Thanks,
      Matt.

Comment

Working...
      X