Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally aftera very long time my first machine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally aftera very long time my first machine!

So after years of operating other people's equipment and trying to pursue buying a mini or midi excavator and eventually a Spider Excavator. Finally after moving back to Manitoba I started thinking about moving on a suggestion from a friend of mine and look in to acquiring a compact diesel tractor and offering services like fixing up gravel driveways, parking pads, rototilling gardens and shelterbelts, small trenching and excavating jobs, mowing, and snow removal.
    For a while I had my heart set on getting one of Kubota's compact construction grade tractor backhoe's. Well last fall I found one for sale almost two provinces over in Ontario and it would of likely been the perfect machine for what I had in mind. Then I start delving in to the financing details and for unexplained reasons Kubota Canada won't give zero percent financing for a used machine and by then the weather was getting colder and it didn't seem like we were going to get much snow and trying to dig with such a light machine in the depths of a Manitoba winter was a recipe for trouble. So I let it go.
    Well Christmas came and went and I got laid off from work and it wasn't necessarily a bad thing as I was pretty burnt out mentally and some time off was kinda nice and let me focus on what I wanted to do. February ended up being quite cold and it actually snowed quite a bit so I could of made some money at least. I tried looking in to these backhoes some more but couldn't find much in Canada and many of them were just an open canopy because Kubota has something against putting cabs on many of their tractor models so you have to go to the aftermarket to get one at a cost of about $7,000-$8000 and the few I did find were over priced or were really to far to have a better look at and in the U.S.
    So I finally gave up on that search and financing one brand new was just too steep of a price for somebody starting out. So I looked at conventional compact tractors and got quotes from Kubota, New Holland, Yanmar, and Kioti (Korean brand). Kubota of course no cab only an aftermarket one and price was steeper than New Holland or Kioti, Yanmar doesn't have much of a dealer here so they were kicked out of the race and I can't stand the John Deere dealer here(arrogant pricks). So I tried out a Kioti CK3510 it came standard with a cab with heat and a/c so its good for year round use, I can get a backhoe for it if I so desire, 35h.p. engine, quick attach loader with a skid-steer quick attach so you can change the bucket to a set of forks, snow plow whatever.
    So this week I started doing the paper work to buy it and after much thought I selected a rototiller implement, box blade, rough cut mower, and a 24" stump grinder which is on its way here from the manufacturer.
    Attached Files

Congratulations Bert .It is a daunting task taking the giant leap into owner operator territory .
    Best of luck with the new machine .

Comment

yeh ... hope it all pans out well for you Bert .... self employed is a big leap, hard work and can be worrying ... but if you get the breaks and are willing to give it your all ..... can be very rewarding .... in all senses Good luck
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Thanks guys I haven't posted the news on the 'new' BCEF yet and I don't know if I will or when I don't post there very much these days. Hope everybody else is doing well.

Comment

Working...
        X