Pel job 25.4 puma problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
    could well be a dicky dead man switch on the armrests ... tracking about shakes it up
    Ok I'll have a look at that switch tommorow 👍

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      and post pix ... just reply to these three mate
      I think that's my 5 now, , I'll see if I can access cheers v8druid

Comment

3 is golden mark all should be well by now .. puma isnt your problem, it only causes havoc with the electronics .. give us a full spec of your machine age hours etc the whole bit and what youve tried .... first stab .. does it have a pilot control filter needs changed ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          3 is golden mark all should be well by now .. puma isnt your problem, it only causes havoc with the electronics .. give us a full spec of your machine age hours etc the whole bit and what youve tried .... first stab .. does it have a pilot control filter needs changed ?
          Hi muz, yea just been reading the guide, nice amount of info for future reference 👍, , it's a 1999 pel job eb25.4, sl3 mitsubishi 3cyclinder, , hours unknown because just flashing up fault codes all the time but if I remember rightly it's about 5-6k and thanks to your info the codes that are up are not too important, lights 1.1 and 4.2 water temp sensor which is an easy fix hopefully, , so far as pilot control filter, I don't know, what is that? Is that me lol

Cheers.
          Last edited by Forestryal; 27-01-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Forestryal View Post
            Hi muz, yea just been reading the guide, nice amount of info for future reference ��, , it's a 1999 pel job eb25.4, sl3 mitsubishi 3cyclinder, , hours unknown because just flashing up fault codes all the time but if I remember rightly it's about 5-6k and thanks to your info the codes that are up are not too important, lights 1.1 and 4.2 water temp sensor which is an easy fix hopefully, , so far as pilot control filter, I don't know, what is that? Is that me lol

Cheers.
            it will be a small filter somewhere in the pilot circuit supply/return .... most likely in the valve block controlling the pilot circuit ... that should have a solenoid valve in it which is activated/controlled by the dead man switch(es) from the arm rests, to cut the pilot circuit ... try to trace the switch wiring back to it if poss. the pilot filter is usually very small and may even be a screw on canister..... Mine is a cartridge built into the valve block, under a cap end.

with the on/off fault you describe it's more likely to be an electrical issue I'd say .... either switch(es) or wiring/connections.
            I'm not familiar with these m/cs at all so no idea on where to look ... Muz'll be yer man for that.
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Forestryal View Post
              Hi muz, yea just been reading the guide, nice amount of info for future reference ��, , it's a 1999 pel job eb25.4, sl3 mitsubishi 3cyclinder, , hours unknown because just flashing up fault codes all the time but if I remember rightly it's about 5-6k and thanks to your info the codes that are up are not too important, lights 1.1 and 4.2 water temp sensor which is an easy fix hopefully, , so far as pilot control filter, I don't know, what is that? Is that me lol

Cheers.
              The only electrical issue that would stop the machine working at all or intermittantly would be the dead mans control circuit, and they can be bad for that, get a close look at the switch and the track it runs on to make sure all is good ,some were switches, some were switches with rollers in them that ran on a track ... be a post elsewhere on here about them, or the other problem on those was a main power supply to puma caused by dodgy earths, there are about 5/6 earths all over the machine and they must all be cleaned and checked otherwise the unit would throw up errors,... but wouldnt stop a circuit working. If you have intermittant controls on some services its more likely to be sticking pilots in the handset, clogged return filter, some other valve problems,or a blocked pilot filter (if it has one) on some older Pel Job machines Ive seen the pilot filter no bigger than a boiled sweet, hidden inside what looks like a 'T' fitting, its just a matter of elimination ? Best start by telling us what works ok first and go from there ? mack sure you dont have a breaker pedal stuck on also !!
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                The only electrical issue that would stop the machine working at all or intermittantly would be the dead mans control circuit, and they can be bad for that, get a close look at the switch and the track it runs on to make sure all is good ,some were switches, some were switches with rollers in them that ran on a track ... be a post elsewhere on here about them, or the other problem on those was a main power supply to puma caused by dodgy earths, there are about 5/6 earths all over the machine and they must all be cleaned and checked otherwise the unit would throw up errors,... but wouldnt stop a circuit working. If you have intermittant controls on some services its more likely to be sticking pilots in the handset, clogged return filter, some other valve problems,or a blocked pilot filter (if it has one) on some older Pel Job machines Ive seen the pilot filter no bigger than a boiled sweet, hidden inside what looks like a 'T' fitting, its just a matter of elimination ? Best start by telling us what works ok first and go from there ? mack sure you dont have a breaker pedal stuck on also !!
                morning muz and everyone thanks for the ideas, ive checked over and cleaned the dead man switch and the earth's in cab also changed all of the fuses below the seat and touch wood something that i have done either the earth's or fuses has sorted the intermittent problem with the servo controls and stopped the fault code 1.1 which is main power supply to puma, so I guess that was nakkard out fuses as they did look old and rough, but that's another problem sorted 😀👌 all I need to do now is get timber grab on and give her a good work out,

Thanks to all for your assistance. .
                What a great place😁

Comment

Hi Guys just wonder if you ever experienced a 25.4 shutting down randomly. I’ve checked all the wiring and eliminated some fault codes like FC 4.1 (water temp switch broken wire) I have a feeling it might be the controller as it runs for a while the suddenly the power seems to be lost and it shuts down. After a few moments I can switch off and on and it runs again for a few mins. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rgm7483 View Post
                    Hi Guys just wonder if you ever experienced a 25.4 shutting down randomly. I’ve checked all the wiring and eliminated some fault codes like FC 4.1 (water temp switch broken wire) I have a feeling it might be the controller as it runs for a while the suddenly the power seems to be lost and it shuts down. After a few moments I can switch off and on and it runs again for a few mins. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
                    This is very common problem, we have fixed a lot of these controllers with same symptoms. Another popular problem is battery draining through glow plug. Glow plug stays on even with controller switched off.

Comment

Originally posted by algisna View Post

This is very common problem, we have fixed a lot of these controllers with same symptoms. Another popular problem is battery draining through glow plug. Glow plug stays on even with controller switched off.
                      That is a nasty one .. didnt know about that one

Comment

Working...
                      X