Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Pel job 25.4 puma problem

  1. #11
    Ok, I think a guru is what I need lol as this is driving me mad, I've tried reading alsorts and also tried alsorts and there are still the od on/off problems and one being intermittent controls on the joysticks, nothing as such from the puma unit but it could be linked for all I know, but all joy stick controls don't work then track about a bit then they work fine, then randomly stop working again, any ideas? ... one thing I have done is bypassed the jib pivet ram as it has a seriously leaky seal and the button has gone.. cheers again

  2. #12
    Thanks for the welcome v8druid 👌, and hopefully muz might bump me up 😀 or I'll have to keep picking everyone's brains posting things...

  3. #13
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Forestryal View Post
    Thanks for the welcome v8druid 👌, and hopefully muz might bump me up 😀 or I'll have to keep picking everyone's brains posting things...

    well that's 3 posts .. two more and you'll be able to access a lot more
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

  4. #14
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Forestryal View Post
    Ok, I think a guru is what I need lol as this is driving me mad, I've tried reading alsorts and also tried alsorts and there are still the od on/off problems and one being intermittent controls on the joysticks, nothing as such from the puma unit but it could be linked for all I know, but all joy stick controls don't work then track about a bit then they work fine, then randomly stop working again, any ideas? ... one thing I have done is bypassed the jib pivet ram as it has a seriously leaky seal and the button has gone.. cheers again
    could well be a dicky dead man switch on the armrests ... tracking about shakes it up
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

  5. #15
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post

    well that's 3 posts .. two more and you'll be able to access a lot more
    and post pix ... just reply to these three mate
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    could well be a dicky dead man switch on the armrests ... tracking about shakes it up
    Ok I'll have a look at that switch tommorow 👍

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by v8druid View Post
    and post pix ... just reply to these three mate
    I think that's my 5 now, , I'll see if I can access cheers v8druid

  8. #18
    Admin Muz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,419
    3 is golden mark all should be well by now .. puma isnt your problem, it only causes havoc with the electronics .. give us a full spec of your machine age hours etc the whole bit and what youve tried .... first stab .. does it have a pilot control filter needs changed ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    3 is golden mark all should be well by now .. puma isnt your problem, it only causes havoc with the electronics .. give us a full spec of your machine age hours etc the whole bit and what youve tried .... first stab .. does it have a pilot control filter needs changed ?
    Hi muz, yea just been reading the guide, nice amount of info for future reference 👍, , it's a 1999 pel job eb25.4, sl3 mitsubishi 3cyclinder, , hours unknown because just flashing up fault codes all the time but if I remember rightly it's about 5-6k and thanks to your info the codes that are up are not too important, lights 1.1 and 4.2 water temp sensor which is an easy fix hopefully, , so far as pilot control filter, I don't know, what is that? Is that me lol

    Cheers.
    Last edited by Forestryal; 27-01-2020 at 11:01 PM.

  10. #20
    Fabrication Guru +1 v8druid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Forestryal View Post
    Hi muz, yea just been reading the guide, nice amount of info for future reference ��, , it's a 1999 pel job eb25.4, sl3 mitsubishi 3cyclinder, , hours unknown because just flashing up fault codes all the time but if I remember rightly it's about 5-6k and thanks to your info the codes that are up are not too important, lights 1.1 and 4.2 water temp sensor which is an easy fix hopefully, , so far as pilot control filter, I don't know, what is that? Is that me lol

    Cheers.
    it will be a small filter somewhere in the pilot circuit supply/return .... most likely in the valve block controlling the pilot circuit ... that should have a solenoid valve in it which is activated/controlled by the dead man switch(es) from the arm rests, to cut the pilot circuit ... try to trace the switch wiring back to it if poss. the pilot filter is usually very small and may even be a screw on canister..... Mine is a cartridge built into the valve block, under a cap end.

    with the on/off fault you describe it's more likely to be an electrical issue I'd say .... either switch(es) or wiring/connections.
    I'm not familiar with these m/cs at all so no idea on where to look ... Muz'll be yer man for that.
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Similar Threads

  1. Peljob Puma Issues
    By Plantparts4u in forum Damn! its Broken ........ again ..!!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18-07-2019, 12:55 PM
  2. Pel Job eb506 - Puma problems
    By Pearl in forum Everything Excavators
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-07-2019, 01:30 PM
  3. Puma Fault Finding Guide
    By Muz in forum Damn! its Broken ........ again ..!!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2014, 07:20 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •