Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volvo EC70 Puma Problems

Quote Originally Posted by torentino View Post
    Hello lads, had sorted problems with chared fuses holders, no error on Puma so far.
    When I start the machine, it fires for a second and shut off, losing power on pump and fuel solenoid. In meantime show engine rpm.
    What can be wrong?
    Are any of the rams at their end stroke ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Rams

No, somewhere in the midlle. Checked wiring assembly again, seriously overheated in multiple places, isolation fall apart if bent...more troubles ahead
    Uploaded some pics of Puma repair, the little black bastard is responsible for pump and/or solenoid output..think so.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by torentino; 20-07-2019 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Additional pics

No, somewhere in the midlle. .
    Ok .. got caught with that once when engine got loaded on start up so whats the component ? a voltage regulator or something ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Component

Basically is a electronic relay. Allmost every power output of Puma is driven by one of these...
    https://www.digchip.com/datasheets/p...N16B-E-pdf.php

Basically is a electronic relay. Allmost every power output of Puma is driven by one of these...
    https://www.digchip.com/datasheets/p...N16B-E-pdf.php

OK so they take the response from a sender unit, and the brain works out the correct fault code ? or action (ie shut down) .. Whats fried that one ?.. looks a bit corroded .. Did you notice the resin was discoloured and just started digging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    OK so they take the response from a sender unit, and the brain works out the correct fault code ? or action (ie shut down) .. Whats fried that one ?.. looks a bit corroded .. Did you notice the resin was discoloured and just started digging ?
    The wiring was fried at time and short circuited the output occasionally. And yes, the resin above output changed color, so this was an easy one discover. But now, no alarm from "brain", only shut off after second..

OK, solved the problem of starting. The battery was weak, PUMA sends only 9,80V to fuel solenoid.Bricked for a moment to main +12v supply, started and charged battery to proper voltage, then works. Maybe a solenoid is weak or blocked.
    Then another problem arose, no power for main hydraulic valve, ever after lovering the joystick console. Beeps one time, but nothing at pin 8. Nothing at pin 6, when changing from slow to fast moving, only one beep, nothing at pin 10. When measuring pins at power electronic relay for output 6, the thing started and works. I thing that the measuring pin pressure made the difference.Replaced my last VN16B for pin 6, machine normal for a day. Now is dead again, no output at pin 8. Waiting for new spare relays. grrrr....
    Attached Images Attached Images